• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Ethanol Bill

Waggs

Earlier this month, KAF (Keep America Fishing) supporters received an email update about the Renewable Fuel Standard Reform Act of 2015. This bill is designed to cap the amount of ethanol in fuels at 10 percent. KAF supporters responded by sending more than 1,400 messages to the House of Representatives!

Now this bill is moving to the US Senate and we need supporters to do it again.

Click the link below to send a message to your legislators that you don’t want higher ethanol fuels that destroy engines.

https://secure2.convio.net/asaf/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=250

Ethanol is the biggest scam. By the time you add in the energy used to grow, fertilize, harvest then gather the biomass, transport it to the fermentation plant, distill the ethanol from the mash, transport to the refinery, mix it with gasoline, it is a net energy loser by a wide margin. They should eliminate ethanol entirely.

I would gladly support a bill to totally remove ethanol from all gasoline. Anything less will only be used to justify the use of ethanol by those who are profiting from it.

They ask for 15% so when they are limited to 10%, the public will think they won when in reality the ethanol producers will get what they wanted, 10% ethanol in every gallon of gas sold in america, and the rest of us lose!

:rebel: :florida: :old_glory:

I know a lot of drag racers run E85 which is 85% ethanol because it's cheaper then race fuel. Would this ban eliminate E85?

DDSBC said:
I know a lot of drag racers run E85 which is 85% ethanol because it's cheaper then race fuel. Would this ban eliminate E85?

As long as Tennessee Whiskey and Kentucky Bourbon exists, there will always be ethanol. ;) My issue with ethanol as a fuel additive is the propaganda. No, make that outright lies.

I regularly burn my food? Oh, forgot, I am not in a civilised nation... don't worry, forget I mentioned it :lol:

Yeah, we have 98, 95, 91 and 89 with ethanol..... 89 is pure garbage..... 98 is only 95 with some additives..... and all of it lasts about 2 weeks in any sort of storage.... if it aint fresh, it is useless.

The gas companies like it like that, you cant store any, you have to spend money constantly.... just how they planned it :violent1: and we are supposed to be happy about it. The new fuels are designed to ruin motors in old cars so they are off the road....

never trust polecats :violent1: :roll:

Just for your interest, at the moment we pay about $1.22 a liter for 91 ($4.60 per gal\) and about $1.30 per liter for 95($4.94 per gal).......98 is about $138 a Liter ($5.28 pg). Diesel is about the same as 98 at about $1.40 pl...... We are metric in Aus, so everything is in liters, grams etc....

The fuel is junk tho.... they never clean the tanks, they could be half full of water :roll: I know that cars run sick if you fill up after the tanker has just been and stirred up all the crud in the tank..... it is a total rip off and as usual, the rich get richer and the poor get the picture :twisted:

last week I was reading in my Flying magazine of the effort to replace LL100 aircraft fuel. going to eliminate low lead fuel.

happy harold said:
last week I was reading in my Flying magazine of the effort to replace LL100 aircraft fuel. going to eliminate low lead fuel.
Harold, a few yrs. back the legislature here in Florida passed a law that required that all fuel sold in this State had
to contain a certain perchentage of ethanol. All of the aircraft engine manufacturers notified Gov. Scott that if they didn't
modify that decision, that they would no longer honor the warranties on any of their engines that were operated here.

The legislature quickly modified that law to exempt fuel used in aircraft.

Back