13'x8' step hull for BIG POWA

A general, non-powerplant specific, discussion on airboat technology, ie., hulls, rigging, polymer, etc..
BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

13'x8' step hull for BIG POWA

Post by BlowInIt »

Just thinking someone needs to take a long step from a hull that measures six feet from transom to step and add 8"s to the rear portion to give u a true 13' step hull. Then make it 9"s wider on the bottom to get your 8' width. Now u got something for the big boyz.

someone get after it!!!
BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: 13'x8' step hull for BIG POWA

Post by BlowInIt »

Since you spoke and have big funds why dont you supply a doner hull and material for mold and I will!!!
:shock:
Cmon thats pocket change for you, hola at me after you fly your new boat.
HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

IVE BEEN SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT DOING IT! MONEY IS A PROBLEM AMONG OTHER THINGS. I BUILT A HULL 4 INCHES WIDER THAN ALL THE OTHER STEPHULLS AND CANT GET ANYONE WITH ANY REAL POWER TO EVEN TRY ONE, THE OTHER ISSUE IS IM A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT PACKING THAT KIND OF AIR UNDER A BOAT THAT DOESNT WEIGH ANYMORE THAN WHAT THE SMALLER BOATS DO. IT COULD BE THE RECIPE FOR DISASTER! I ALSO TEND TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THE BIG POWER ON THESE LIGHT WEIGHT FLAT BOTTOM BOATS AND IF THEY RUN THEM WITH THE RAKE ON THEM AND PLAN ON RUNNING FAST ENOUGH TO OUT RUN PROMOD BOATS THEY WILL GO FOR A RIDE! NOT IF BUT WHEN!
BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt »

Hammer you are just the guy I was thinking of haha. I agree with your concerns, but it could realy work awsome too. Gotta be a driver fo sho, but I think it would work. Pop out the water harder, torque role less and cruise deep water at even lower rpms. I like my day job way to much to build a proper mold on my own. But more then willing to lend a hand on a few weekends. Lets get itchy 8)
BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt »

Dont worry james ima build something for you
Bucknasty
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Bucknasty »

BlowInIt wrote:Hammer you are just the guy I was thinking of haha. I agree with your concerns, but it could realy work awsome too. Gotta be a driver fo sho, but I think it would work. Pop out the water harder, torque role less and cruise deep water at even lower rpms. I like my day job way to much to build a proper mold on my own. But more then willing to lend a hand on a few weekends. Lets get itchy 8)

Why dont you put your set up on one of HAMMERHEAD'S hulls and see how it works. May not need all of that modification to run the big boys.........
" I'm a bird watcher and I'm looking for a Big Breasted Bed Thrasher: have you seen one? "
BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt »

At this point no doubt I will be talking with hammer and most likely have him build my next step. But im wanting something a little more then my current LS platform has to offer :shock:

Wooo POW!
cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

seems like they built some wide ones before years ago for big power .. if I remember right they had a little trouble with FAA clearance for takeoff. I beleive budman might kow something about them .. but that is just memories talkin .. could be a bit clouded from those days LOL
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately
HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

I BELIEVE YOU WOULD HAVE TO BUILD A BOAT THAT SIZE A LITTLE HEAVIER AND SET IT UP TIGHT AND POWER THROUGH IT! I THINK WITH THE BIG HORSPOWER MOTORS THESE DAYS IT WOULD WORK YOU WOULD JUST HAVE TO SET IT UP RIGHT THOUGH. AS LONG AS NO ONE PUT IT ON THE EDGE I THINK IT WOULD PROBABLY WORK BETTER THAN A LIGHTER BOAT SET UP REALLY FREE AND RUNNING ON ITS SIDE HALFWAY DOWN THE TRACK. JMO. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BUY ALL THE MATERIAL TO BUILD A MOLD AND A BOAT ILL BUILD ONE AND BUILD YOU A BOAT, BUT I KEEP THE MOLD WHEN WE ARE DONE. IT WOULDNT COST A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN BUYING A BRAND NEW HULL BUT IT WOULD TAKE ALOT LONGER FOR YOU TO GET YOUR BOAT.
PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PAINKILLER »

good luck guys hope ya get to build it,just not a boat i would want but then again i have others telling what is i do an dont want anyway so anyway good luck put some smoke on the water
Last edited by PAINKILLER on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MATTHEW 25:35-45 LS 406 82 4bld WaterWalker falcon 2.68 ox box
LS 427 80 3 Bld WaterWalker Maximus 2.68 ox box :rebel:
HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

WHAT KIND OF BOAT WOULD YOU WANT FOR A BIG HP RACEBOAT? JUST CURIOUS.
PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PAINKILLER »

Scorpion hull or one that looks like it cant say how wide or any other specs (now you guys are talking big power how about a sbc that has to be special built because of the deck height(more then 10.2(subject to change with out notice
Last edited by PAINKILLER on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

OK
BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt »

Its gona take me some time and a bit more homework on the engine I want built, but when the time comes I.may have to take you up on that offer if your still intrested at that time.

Motor will be something along the lines of aluminum brodix 10.2" block 4.5"x4.6" 598ci
PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PAINKILLER »

BlowInIt wrote:Its gona take me some time and a bit more homework on the engine I want built, but when the time comes I.may have to take you up on that offer if your still intrested at that time.

Motor will be something along the lines of aluminum brodix 10.2" block 4.5"x4.6" 598ci

that should be a bad azz motor dart 9 degree little chiefs is what i would use on something that size SOME BIG MONEY WOW( im dreaming of a 12 inch block :shock:
Last edited by PAINKILLER on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PAINKILLER »

HAMMERHEAD wrote:OK

well you asked :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by PAINKILLER on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder »

I should have my new step hull soon. I think some conventional ways of thinking will be challenged! The are two walls limiting us for about 8 years and it's pointless to make any more power until some things are changed.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316
BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt »

Im not going that extreme, that is huge money indeed. I can easilly get the 850hp I want with some convetional high flowing heads and 93 octane. Ballin on a budget
HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

PAINKILLER wrote:

The trite saying that honesty is the best policy has met with the just criticism that honesty is not policy. The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy GEN ROBERT E LEE :rebel: :bblue: :alabama: :florida:
YOU ANSWERED AND I SAID OK! DIDNT SAY RIGHT OR WRONG JUST SAID OK. I GUESS THE FIRST REPLY WAS THE ONE WHERE NOBODY REALLY ASKED!
PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PAINKILLER »

HAMMERHEAD wrote:
PAINKILLER wrote:

The trite saying that honesty is the best policy has met with the just criticism that honesty is not policy. The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy GEN ROBERT E LEE :rebel: :bblue: :alabama: :florida:
YOU ANSWERED AND I SAID OK! DIDNT SAY RIGHT OR WRONG JUST SAID OK. I GUESS THE FIRST REPLY WAS THE ONE WHERE NOBODY REALLY ASKED!
Everything is cool :thumbleft: your 100% right no ((((ONE)))) really asked me
Last edited by PAINKILLER on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PAINKILLER »

BlowInIt wrote:Im not going that extreme, that is huge money indeed. I can easilly get the 850hp I want with some convetional high flowing heads and 93 octane. Ballin on a budget
:thumbleft: should still be bad azz good luck with it :thumbleft:
HomesteadGator
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HomesteadGator »

I've got a 13x8 hundred thousands sled that I built with my buddy. We had Don Davis set the bottom and over 500hp pushin it. It runs like a bat out of hell and I couldn't imagine what a step hull with the same dimensions would be like. All I know is bigger is better to help with the torque roll!
FTD RACING
big3country8
Southern Airboat Member

Post by big3country8 »

Bronson why you want all that big block weight? 850hp is easy with a pump gas LS.
Temporary High
12' clendenin aluminum step with poly, 418 waterthunder, 2.68 OX, 9 blade saber, ATF rigged, nitrous outlet,, buttrax custom seats.
PAINKILLER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by PAINKILLER »

i thought he was talking sbc 10.2 deck guess i didnt see the bore an stroke :violent1: yes 850 hp should be a cake walk to do with a bbc 598 and the numbers didnt add up for a sbc :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1:
Last edited by PAINKILLER on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt »

big3country8 wrote:Bronson why you want all that big block weight? 850hp is easy with a pump gas LS.
You dont realy believe its easy to have a pump gas N/A LS making 850hp do you? The Rhs LS 500ci might be 100lbs lighter then a aluminum bbc. I dont like the rod ratio with that giant stroke LS. I want all the power to be in by around 6300rpm as well and stay hyd roller. I want a extremely reliable powerhouse even if it cost a 100lbs, hell thats less weight difference then u and I!

Return to “Airboat Tech”