A 2nd Amendment discussion.
swampbuggyguy
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Olympic Arms - NY Policy

Post by swampbuggyguy »

Press Release: Olympic Arms, Inc. Announces New York State Sales Policy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the ...State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller - 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago - 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

If the leaders of the State of New York are willing to limit the right of the free and law abiding citizens of New York to arm themselves as they see fit under the Rights enumerate to all citizens of the United State through the Second Amendment, we feel as though the legislators and government entities within the State of New York should have to abide by the same restrictions.

This action has caused a division of the people into classes: Those the government deems valuable enough to protect with modern firearms, and those whose lives have been deemed as having less value, and whom the government has decided do not deserve the right to protect themselves with the same firearms. Olympic Arms will not support such behavior or policy against any citizen of this great nation.

Olympic Arms invites all firearms manufacturers, distributors and firearms dealers to join us in this action to refuse to do business with the State of New York. We must stand together, or we shall surely fall divided.

Sincerely,

Brian Schuetz
President
Olympic Arms, Inc.

http://www.olyarms.com/

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: Olympic Arms - NY Policy

Post by Deano »

Well, that is certainly refreshing, to see some common sense in action. I especially like how very well worded is.

I wonder how many other manufacturers will follow suite ?

Good find Swampbuggy, good news seems to be getting less frequent these days.

Deano
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

eazy89
Southern Airboat Member

Post by eazy89 »

holy shiat!!!! This is what america needs. We will continue to see a division from citizens and government if our government continues to act the same way without the will of the people. If it gets bad enough I could see law enforcement and the military on the citizens side. We miss treat our veterans, law enforcement, and take care of our politicians. Americas wont stand for this shiat forever.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

God bless 'em. I love it when a company refuses to be cow'd down.
That letter from Mr. Schuetz and Olympic Arms was to the point and very well written.

I would love for Sig, Colt, Ruger, Winchester, Remington, and Mossberg to all follow suit!!
Y'all need weapons for your enforcement agencies? Really? Well, you're just gonna have to buy them somewhere else!!
Beautiful.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

cehurt
Southern Airboat Member

Post by cehurt »

Olf Art wrote:God bless 'em. I love it when a company refuses to be cow'd down.
That letter from Mr. Schuetz and Olympic Arms was to the point and very well written.

I would love for Sig, Colt, Ruger, Winchester, Remington, and Mossberg to all follow suit!!
Y'all need weapons for your enforcement agencies? Really? Well, you're just gonna have to buy them somewhere else!!
Beautiful.
:proud: X2 :usa:

LevyNole
Southern Airboat Member

Post by LevyNole »

This and the ammo manufacturer's refusing to fill the humongous ammunition orders that have one obvious intention would be nice.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality Ayn Rand
Oligarchy: It's a big club and you ain't in it.

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by goldhunter_2 »

:thumbleft: :thumbleft:

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BluByU2 »

I would also like to see all manufacturers, ammo and firearms, leave that state immediately. That includes Ithaca, Kimber, and ALL others. Send that Facist Cuomo a clear message.

swampbuggyguy
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by swampbuggyguy »

"Among the manufacturers that have publicly announced their plans to prohibit sales to anti-Second Amendment authorities so far are LaRue Tactical, Olympic Arms, Extreme Firepower (EFI, LLC), and Barrett Firearms. All four firms, in solidarity with citizens in jurisdictions victimized by a lawless political class that refuses to uphold the Constitution, have expressed strong support for Americans’ unalienable rights. Gun rights activists nationwide rushed to celebrate the companies’ valor."

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/co ... overnments

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

There will be more and may already be more than are being reported. Of course it may all be smokescreen so they don't lose their customer base. Be interesting to see how things play out if/when they turn in no bid replies to some big orders. Remember the administration now can legally take over any business it chooses. The stage is set.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano »

Dang Bear, now ya went and done it yourself. . .

Turned a happy, smiley thread into something else by injecting some reality we were temporarily overlooking. :(

Nevermind, I'll start reading at the top again. :D

Deano
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

" All happiness is temporary. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile." :lol:
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq »

and don't forget the governemnt first started taking over business many many years ago .. it aint nothin new ... obama doesn't get credit for it ..
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by kajunoutlaw »

Whitebear wrote:" All happiness is temporary. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile." :lol:
:violent1: :banghead: :brave: :angryfire:
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

R L Williams
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by R L Williams »

Yep, I just sent a email to sales mgr of Olympic Arms thinking him for their letter to the govment.
I suggest everyone send emails to folks in the company roster.

Be good to mail other companys, I did.
:proud:
:florida:
"GRASS SCOOTER"
Member of the over the hill gang.
United Sportsmen Airboaters Alliance.
NRA life member.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

RL, I haven't yet but I will. Great idea. I'm on it Monday ....
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

R L Williams
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by R L Williams »

We hunters, citizens, Americans really appreciate your stand on the second amendment.
R L Williams & extended family.

Answered!

You're welcome! Our opinion is that if every manufacturer and dealer implemented the same policy, gun control laws would go by the wayside.

Melinda
EFI, LLC
"GRASS SCOOTER"
Member of the over the hill gang.
United Sportsmen Airboaters Alliance.
NRA life member.

R L Williams
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by R L Williams »

Yep, bump.