Prop for Angle Valve 200 Lycoming

Aircraft powered airboat discussion.
CAPTAIN-D
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Prop for Angle Valve 200 Lycoming

Post by CAPTAIN-D »

CAPTAIN-D wrote:
CAPTAIN-D wrote:Sen. mailed out the short hub Friday.As soon as I get it I will try the Q and see how it performs .When I pulled my medium hub off to swap out for the short hub i put my 68" Cypress on and did at test.Hole shot in deep water 60 yards 32 MPH.Cruse speed at 2000 Rpms deep water 23 MPH.WOT deep water 38MPH.Break free on dry ground 2200-2300.This was done little or no wind.93 degrees high sun no moisture on the ground.It will be interesting to see how the Q and NGH do.Engine is turning 2800 RPMS WOT.

Ran the 70" Q Friday and this is what I found.Hole shot 60 yards 32 MPH deep water.Cruise 2000 Rpm's 25 MPH.Wot deep water 38 MPH.Break free on the ground 2100-2200 RPM.I thought it was interesting to see that in 60 Yards and top end WOT the 68" Cypress and the Q ran the same.On the ground is where the difference was.When the boat broke free with the Q it would crawl around on the ground with less RPM"s than the Cypress did.Also ran both props from a stand still up a steep levee .The Cypress made it about half way.The Q made it all the way to the top.By the way when I had the 72" Q on the boat it only made it half way up the levee. I set the 70" Q turning 2700 RPM"s.It will be interesting to see if I gain anything wih the NGH.

CAPTAIN-D
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CAPTAIN-D »

Ordered the NGH from Dan today, will be interesting to see how it compairs to the Q and Cypress.Will post my findings, hopefully by the 4th.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

Captin, are you buying the NGH or just a demo?
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Al David / stroked LS

southernman13
Southern Airboat Member

Post by southernman13 »

CAPTAIN-D wrote:
CAPTAIN-D wrote:Sen. mailed out the short hub Friday.As soon as I get it I will try the Q and see how it performs .When I pulled my medium hub off to swap out for the short hub i put my 68" Cypress on and did at test.Hole shot in deep water 60 yards 32 MPH.Cruse speed at 2000 Rpms deep water 23 MPH.WOT deep water 38MPH.Break free on dry ground 2200-2300.This was done little or no wind.93 degrees high sun no moisture on the ground.It will be interesting to see how the Q and NGH do.Engine is turning 2800 RPMS WOT.

What hull, riggin etc are your running that on. I have a 200 A/V as said running a 72" wt wide blad on a 12 alumitech aluminum hull 8' wide w/ 1/4 poly mine breaks free @ 1700' cruises 25mph @ 1800 wide open 52mph all gps readings yours seems really slow. My buddy runnin 72" Q on a 12 predator fiberglas w 180 straight valve stock engine will do a little better than mine all the way around. Not doggin your boat by any means just curios about the performance differences

Ran the 70" Q Friday and this is what I found.Hole shot 60 yards 32 MPH deep water.Cruise 2000 Rpm's 25 MPH.Wot deep water 38 MPH.Break free on the ground 2100-2200 RPM.I thought it was interesting to see that in 60 Yards and top end WOT the 68" Cypress and the Q ran the same.On the ground is where the difference was.When the boat broke free with the Q it would crawl around on the ground with less RPM"s than the Cypress did.Also ran both props from a stand still up a steep levee .The Cypress made it about half way.The Q made it all the way to the top.By the way when I had the 72" Q on the boat it only made it half way up the levee. I set the 70" Q turning 2700 RPM"s.It will be interesting to see if I gain anything wih the NGH.

cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cont520 »

fl cracker wrote:I say let's get actual 4 cylinder RIDE boats together and try all the props. Don't be scared i wont whoop on ya to bad!!! LOL
Ok I will take you up on that. Lol my 4 cylinder ride boat is done waitin on a victim lol
Robert Mccormick
Plant City Florida, Toxic calls Pro staff and proud member of usfth
Ultimate Shot Productions prostaffer

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

Robert, Ride boat not race Boat. :lol: put your motor on a 13' hull with square tube rigging, will have a deal. Bring some Tissues! :lol:
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cont520 »

fl cracker wrote:Robert, Ride boat not race Boat. :lol: put your motor on a 13' hull with square tube rigging, will have a deal. Bring some Tissues! :lol:
I doubt it lol it's a ride boat it runs on fuel no nitrous single seat with a cage and prop. I ride it around lol
Robert Mccormick

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

:lol: :bs:
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cont520 »

What bubba you don't believe me. Lol besides you run one of those hulls I hear they are the fastest thing out there
Robert Mccormick

CAPTAIN-D
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CAPTAIN-D »

southernman13 wrote:
CAPTAIN-D wrote:

What hull, riggin etc are your running that on. I have a 200 A/V as said running a 72" wt wide blad on a 12 alumitech aluminum hull 8' wide w/ 1/4 poly mine breaks free @ 1700' cruises 25mph @ 1800 wide open 52mph all gps readings yours seems really slow. My buddy runnin 72" Q on a 12 predator fiberglas w 180 straight valve stock engine will do a little better than mine all the way around. Not doggin your boat by any means just curios about the performance differences

Hull is a Diamond Back Ultra Lite 11' 9" with 1/4 " polly.The boat has a trim tab to keep it from porposing so it's not going to run as fast top end which doesn't matter that much to me anyway.I am a heavy weight weigh 250 lbs and the place that I test the boat on dry is not a pasture or back yard conditions.It is green stuff that is sticky.I think this will give me a better idea of how much thrust a given prop will give on my rig.I would like to gain cruise speed and maybe cut down on rpm's.

DL SouthernComfort
Southern Airboat Member

Post by DL SouthernComfort »

Can u keep us informed on how it runs on the dry I'm looking for a good prop for my 11ft Thurman with a 180 om it

Thanks dylan

CAPTAIN-D
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CAPTAIN-D »

Sure will DL,waiting on the NGH blades to get here so I can compare them to my Q.I was hopeing I would have got them by now so I could swap out the blades and make a run on the 4th.Doesn,t look like that will happen,hopefully by the weekend.

DL SouthernComfort
Southern Airboat Member

Post by DL SouthernComfort »

Thanks man I appreciate it! Everyone says the Q is the way to go but I don't know lol

SwampNinja
Southern Airboat Member

Prop for Angle Valve 200 Lycoming

Post by SwampNinja »

Any lick yet with the results?
"It is what it is."

CAPTAIN-D
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CAPTAIN-D »

SwampNinja wrote:Any lick yet with the results?
Still waiting on the blades

SwampNinja
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SwampNinja »

Wow... Ok. Thanks for the quick reply!
"It is what it is."

Rich863
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Rich863 »

What ever happin to the results...lol
:old_glory: :florida:

lariat
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lariat »

You would think 3 years would be enough time to get some testing done!!

Rich863
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Rich863 »

Lol that's what I was thinking
:old_glory: :florida:

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker »

Out of all the props tested the 3 blade NGH pushed the most on the test machine. You may be able to do a search to find it.
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

supersnake60
Southern Airboat Member

Post by supersnake60 »

Three blade at 66 and 68 inch Excalibur prop work good on a 200 horse power Lycoming with a lot of snap

wallbanger
Southern Airboat Member

Post by wallbanger »

had a 68 Excalibur on my 200 angle valve. not enough prop. put excalibur on my 170 with 10 to 1 comp and it does great. put a 70 q on the 200 wot 2875 and it goes anywhere you want. Excalibur on 170 is faster than 200 on top end but I want the q for the woods

Return to “Aircraft Power Only”