Hunting Kissimmee chain of lakes

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Mike.b0540
Southern Airboat Member

Hunting Kissimmee chain of lakes

Post by Mike.b0540 »

I know this will fall on deaf ears. There used to be a time when air boaters respected each other. Lol hard to believe right!
But these days no one does. Although this is public land it’s still wma. ( wild life management area) . It used to be if you seen a boat and you new someone was hunting you would leave that area for respect for your fellow man. Or woman. Lol
Now I don’t know if people just don’t realize it or we’re so about our selfs that we say f them. Most of the local hunters that been hunting out here forever do still like to stand hunt . I know asking people to give them respect ain’t going to happen but I least wanted to tell the ones who doesn’t realize that this hunting area to understand . Happy air boating be safe hopefully respectful.
Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Hunting Kissimmee chain of lakes

Post by Keeth1123 »

I agree with that. People don’t seem to care anymore.

The other issue is people “claiming” spots by leaving all
Their stuff. It’s first come basis on public land. You have to have a couple of spots and expect to get beat to your best one.

I
:old_glory:
BoHawg
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by BoHawg »

I was raised right and I still respect everyone, even more for hunters and airboaters. I reckon we need to form a club. I really hate to hear stuff like this.
kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm »

BoHawg wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:05 pm
I was raised right and I still respect everyone, even more for hunters and airboaters.
x2

was heading for a turkey sit one morning and this mudboat beat me to the spot - found a different spot :salute:

mudder.jpg
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.
Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Keeth1123 »

Sometimes a couple people in an area can help out. Helps to talk about it with the other hunter, but it can seem dicey at times. You never know how the other person is gonna be at 4am in the sticks.

Two years ago, we slept in the boat at the spot for opening duck. It worked great until 5 boats stormed in at legally shooting.

I will say though, I have not had any of my cameras stolen or tampered with. I think most are probably nice and may not realize what they are doing. Most may only have one small area picked out to hunt.

Turkey is opening soon. We’ll see how it goes lol
Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece »

kwanjangnihm wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:22 pm
BoHawg wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:05 pm
I was raised right and I still respect everyone, even more for hunters and airboaters.
x2

was heading for a turkey sit one morning and this mudboat beat me to the spot - found a different spot :salute:

mudder.jpg
You sir, these days, are a rarity. I hunted OK slough one time and was at the parking spot before 5 AM on opening morning. Guy pulled in right behind me and was going to walk past my truck to go hunt where I was going to. I had to tell him what was fixing to happen wasn't going to be in his best interest and finally talked him into going somewhere else. I would never ever do that. I was raised better, but unfortunately it's hard to find people with the same values nowadays.

Duece
"Welcome to the Dark Side..."
14'x8' Diamondback 6.2 Pleasurecraft Marine Levitator 550 hp/2.37:1 Oxbox 80" JX Series Sensnich Prop
Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Keeth1123 »

Anyone have success this season?
Hambone79
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Hambone79 »

Been a couple years since i have hunted there. years past i haven't had any negative issues. i have actually used other traffic to my benefit. I have witnessed deer actually lay down as a boat approached (Running Dry) as soon as it past deer just stood back up and went back to feeding.
terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

I know the feeling sitting in a stand with orange on and two other air boat start running the grass trying to push hogs or deer up. I threw up my hands like WTF and they flipped me off.
kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm »

About 10 years ago I was nestled under 3 short cabbage palms turkey hunting, waiting for the butt-crack of dawn. Off in the distance I heard an airboat. Pitch black, no moon and no lights on the airboat, but it got closer & closer and actually buzzed me at 3 yards and prop blasted me on the way past. Guys had no idea how close they were to some high velocity #4's :x
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.
Keeth1123
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Keeth1123 »

kwanjangnihm wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:31 pm
About 10 years ago I was nestled under 3 short cabbage palms turkey hunting, waiting for the butt-crack of dawn. Off in the distance I heard an airboat. Pitch black, no moon and no lights on the airboat, but it got closer & closer and actually buzzed me at 3 yards and prop blasted me on the way past. Guys had no idea how close they were to some high velocity #4's :x

Wow that’s crazy.

Return to “Airboat Talk”