Light Headed hatlights

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
bmorris
Southern Airboat Member

Light Headed hatlights

Post by bmorris »

Just wanted to take a second and give a testimonial to how great these guys are. I ordered the 3800 headlamp, was excited when it came. However the first time out i quickly realized it wasnt the right light for where I ride. Feeling like i was stuck I posted it for sale on here. The next morning i received a call from Jack letting me know their 100% satisfaction guarantee. He offered me a full refund or a trade and refund for any other light i was interested in. After this I met them at the Broward show and they took care of me right there at the show! Stand up guys all the way they make and sell a great product and the customer service is how it should be!
SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Light Headed hatlights

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 »

Nice to hear!
getchasumairboats
Southern Airboat Member

Post by getchasumairboats »

Good people for sure
http://WWW.USFTH.COM where the weak are killed and eaten !!!!!
clark-kentski
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by clark-kentski »

Yep, got the show price on a 5.5 cube at the show, nice folks to deal with for sure !!!

When there is no man fit to follow, a man must carve his own path.
gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by gobblerD »

I'm a satisfied customer also. Love their lights. :florida:
SkinnerBack
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SkinnerBack »

gobblerD wrote:I'm a satisfied customer also. Love their lights. :florida:
X2
Dan520
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dan520 »

I have one of kennys 40 inch bars, we have a set of the cubes on my dads boat and im about to order a hatlight. Super nice guy with great service
13.6 gilleo, true 520 cont, 40" light headed bar, 74" NGQ

"under construction"

"When In Doubt...Throttle Out"
PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by PeaRiverOpossum »

I'm always proud to read these post. :D Thanks to all that have shared their experience with us. We work hard and do our best to make each and every customer happy. We were airboaters before we became light guys and will always take care of our airboaters. We do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and want everyone to be happy with our lights. We refuse to be one of those businesses that are in it just for the money. We pride ourselves in our workmanship and customer service "the way it used to be" and so far it has paid off.
SpencerMullins
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SpencerMullins »

My parents and Girlfriend surprised me over Christmas with the 3800 hatlight. This last weekend was the first time i had a chance to use it...WOW. It was awesome, worked great all weekend. Fog made it a little hard to see in the distance but i'm pretty sure that would of affected any lights. Everyone who saw me was impressed and was asking where i got it, you can bet i definately spoke highly.
Thanks,
Spencer :old_glory: :rebel: :cheers:
Camp Ramblin' Rose
Bob "Koon Dawg" McDonald Grandson
15' Rivermaster 350 2.12 gear box 79" Wisper tip
Joe863
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Joe863 »

The 3800 is an awesome light.
Dylan6959
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dylan6959 »

Which one of these lights do you guys recommend for frogging?
papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by papajack »

I assemble the 3800s with the Light-Headed team and use mine for frogging, gator hunting and trail riding in the spot mode. I use the flood mode for open water running and the combo when I need a big bunch of light out there. Our 10 watt led is a replacement for a halogen for the yellow glow but it does not have a tight hot spot. It is however dimable where most LEDs are not. We now have a combo spot/flood LED with low, medium and high brightness settings. It come with a rechargeable battery pack and power cord like the 3800. We also offer the old standbys in halogen and aircraft landing hatlights. We mount these on adjustable welder bands, camo caps, camo visors or your own headwear. If you need any more info on our Hatlights please call us. Phone answered 8-8 eastern time. Number on website (link below) along with some comparison photos on the home page.
Last edited by papajack on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airboatman631
Southern Airboat Member

Post by airboatman631 »

what about 9pm Levy time?? :P
PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by PeaRiverOpossum »

Also, keep in mind that if you do get one that doesn't exactly fit your needs we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Y

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by papajack »

Way to late over here in Chiefland!!! LOL you boys are late-night animals over there in Bronson.
Last edited by papajack on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airboatman631
Southern Airboat Member

Post by airboatman631 »

Not as late as we used to be....9 is pushing the envelope.
jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by jopete »

i'll go ahead and give my feedback on my experiance with light-headed lights.
i bought one of the 3800 headlights over 2 hunting seasons ago. i commercial fish and frog as a sideline. i hunt out of the boat almost every day of hunting season. i have dropped it in the water once and didn't realize it for probly 20 minutes. i let it dry out for a couple days and it still works today.
they make me a 20' long cord to run off my battery in the boat. i have gone thru 3 of these cords, once was because i hooked it up wrong, the other two i figured was just due to the harsh enviroment [salt marsh]. if i have a short run to make, i just use the battery pack, it still works.
every time i have called they have shipped me what i needed asap.
i had to wear my old hardhat light the other day and i realized how much cleaner the led light is. most of my frogs are caught with only a eye or two sticking up in the dead lillies, and the led light will make the eyes glow. after looking all night for frogs, my 45 year old eyes are not as tired.
i frog with all 3 lights on, unlesss it's a dark night, then i just use the spot beam.
the only thing that i could want more out of the light is for the spot beam to go a little further, but last year i put one of the 5'' cube lights on the front of my boat and that has solved that!!!!!
i am hard of stuff. i have trashed every other lightweight headlight i have purchased. The 3800 headlight is by far my favorite.

i have no vested interest, if it was a stinker i would post that too.
cheers

Return to “Airboat Talk”