First time glades ride

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
gatorsh1
Southern Airboat Member

First time glades ride

Post by gatorsh1 »

ABunch of us are wanting to ride the glades and put in off 75 off the alley where's the best ramp to put in at. I've rode off of 41 and miccosukee but never have put in off the alley. Any advice would be helpful and has anyone heard of anymore trucks being stolen that's has me hesitant because I drive the one there stealing 02 7.3 powerstroke would hate for it to come up missing
john1edwards
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: First time glades ride

Post by john1edwards »

you might try holiday park, you would have to go all the way to 27, but not to far from alley. just a thought
Just an Orange Engine, Nothing Fancy . Proud to be an American
ffjpowell
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ffjpowell »

Sawgrass rec park at 27 and 595 (at the alley)
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve.

Live today like theirs no tommorrow.

New build on the way!!!!!! Stay tuned.

J. Powell
broncobill
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by broncobill »

I put in at the 41mm. Not much problems. Need to disable truck to be safe. I always put a couple of bugs in truck. The 35mm is where most of the problems are. Mostly because it is a turn around area on I75. If you put in at Holiday park it is a long ride to get to where you want to be. JMO
OTTER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by OTTER »

PLEASE DO NOT BRING A 7.3 INTO BROWARD COUNTY ..... That Truck will grow wings and be gone in seconds - Chain that truck up to a tree and another truck - hide a sniper in the grass near by.....
these thieves are smart - they wait til you leave knowing you wont be back for several hours and Bam - They Got Ya !!!!
Sad to say I work with the Law Enforcement agency that patrols the Alley and we cannot come up with a common thread as to whose stealing those trucks.. Limited access and routes of travel seem to evade detectives for unknown reasons...

Enjoy and have a good time

:old_glory: :salute:
broncobill
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by broncobill »

Why are there not cameras at all rest stops. I cannot believe that there are not cameras at the Miami canal boat ramp, visitors center, or at the exiting toll plaza. WTF!
jb96
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jb96 »

just a thought... why don't they have check point like stops at each end of the alley and any other access roads to and from the alley and any tow truck or truck with a trailer able to carry a truck should have to stop at the check point and give information on why they are going across the alley and their info should be written down and when one comes off of the alley with any vehicle being towed needs to provide information on whose vehicle it is and why it is being towed. the tags need to be read and proof of ownership needs to be in hand. that's just my thought on the whole stealing things. I put in at mm35 and I know people that has had their stuff taken and its not right. you should be able to leave your stuff at the ramp and not have to worry about it being there when you get back :( .
SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid »

Area 2A.jpg
Area 2A.jpg (145.25 KiB) Viewed 1723 times
gatorsh1 wrote:ABunch of us are wanting to ride the glades and put in off 75 off the alley where's the best ramp to put in at. I've rode off of 41 and miccosukee but never have put in off the alley. Any advice would be helpful and has anyone heard of anymore trucks being stolen that's has me hesitant because I drive the one there stealing 02 7.3 powerstroke would hate for it to come up missing
Sawgrass rec park at 27 and 595 (at the alley) This a Google Earth and Cell phone tracking I made of 2A to Old Glory. Super impose it on G E and put the tracking in you GPS if you need directions.
HomesteadGator
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HomesteadGator »

Does anyone know the steps necessary to file a request to have cameras installed at the boat ramps in issue?
FTD RACING
broncobill
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by broncobill »

I think they are talking about Area 3 not area 2
OTTER
Southern Airboat Member

Post by OTTER »

Remember Guys and Gals - THIS IS FLORIDA !!!!
The general government isn't that bright ..... There are MILLIONS of more things that need funding before we get GOOD QUALITY cameras at boat ramps and rest stops... The toll plazas have them but they really don't share.....
Funding for them was most likely a red line item and they were deleted due to cost overruns....Plus there is the HUMAN Factor involved, like the good natured hell raiser youngins that think its their GOD given right to reach out and touch them with a 22 rifle round disabling them....That in turn cost $$$$$...
I hear all you're saying and they are all viable ideas, but there is the HUMAN Factor again.... ain't enough $$$ to pay a LEO to patrol a specific area like the alley and those that do are not fully trained in the ins and outs of Florida Sportsmen like us...They do not understand us and our equipment and the Blood, Sweat and HARD Earned $$$ that go into our rigs....
The NEW LEO is a computer gamer that often relies on his computer, radio, and radar to tell him where to go and what to do... Forgot to mention the cell phone and texting app too!!!!
We collectively need to look out for the other guys stuff and hopefully he will look out for yours.. If you see something that you think isn't right make the call for Law Enforcement or Rescue - Don't wait til its too late..
When pulling into these ramps ride/ walk by vehicles to see if somethings not right or if theres someone inside watching the lot. If there are 2 ramps close by check the farthest away first and return to the closest just to scope it out before you launch... When you come in relax before you drive home by chilling out on the tailgate a bit - this will disrupt anyones routine that is up to no good....
last Get to know the LEO's that patrol and are out there....Don't think they'll mind plus you may be able to educate them and vice versa....

JMO

:old_glory: :salute:
BE SAFE and Watch Out for EACH OTHER !!!!
digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

Here's a thought. Set a trap. There's a product called Pocketfinder. It costs $169.95 and works flawlessly. The moment the vehicle moves, it begins reporting it's position. You can even set it up to send a text message. Install in a truck. Place a couple of game cameras around. Leave the truck and go for a ride. In the meantime, have somebody waiting by the fire station. Once he gets the text message that the truck is moving, he can follow it from a distance, call 911 to report the vehicle's position and problem solved. I use this to track my daughter. She has no idea it's in her car but I always know where she is. ;)
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat
mscott
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mscott »

digginfool wrote:Here's a thought. Set a trap. There's a product called Pocketfinder. It costs $169.95 and works flawlessly. The moment the vehicle moves, it begins reporting it's position. You can even set it up to send a text message. Install in a truck. Place a couple of game cameras around. Leave the truck and go for a ride. In the meantime, have somebody waiting by the fire station. Once he gets the text message that the truck is moving, he can follow it from a distance, call 911 to report the vehicle's position and problem solved. I use this to track my daughter. She has no idea it's in her car but I always know where she is. ;)

A local company installed a similiar device to thier work vans. One was stolen and they were able to GPS it and after a 50 minute chase, we got it back. The person with the company actually called the police and gave the position over the phone while the police dispatch was radioing the officers. Jail is full of dumb criminals, they are getting smarter but if stealing is the way to go, thats still pretty dumb.

Return to “Airboat Talk”