Liability Insurance

Swamp buggies...buildin'em & runnin'em
wolfecitrus
Southern Airboat Member

Liability Insurance

Post by wolfecitrus »

Where can I find Liability Insurance for my Hunting truck and Swamp Buggy? The Land owners on our hunting lease are now requiring a million dollar Liability policy, I cant find anyone to write a policy on a vehicle that is not registered or titled, or a vehicle that has been modified.
Thanks

Waterbugger
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Liability Insurance

Post by Waterbugger »

Allstate will insure for liability and PIP if you have a tag for the truck. Swamp buggy good luck on. I have a million dollar policy for my lease and it will not cover vehicles of any sort. I have a Toyota 4X4 lifted with oversized mud tires I use to get around tow a hog trailer and run dogs out of Allstate insures it its modified but I have a legit title for it. They will insure ATV's as well, but unless you can get a title for the buggy I don't think you will get it insured. They will insure with an Off Road title or certificate of origin. If its home made I don't know.

wolfecitrus
Southern Airboat Member

Post by wolfecitrus »

Thanks for the input, That is pretty much what I have found. I will have to get a title and register it ( Get a tag). I keep hoping someone knows a way to just insure it without a tag.

wildman9
Southern Airboat Member

Post by wildman9 »

Is it a Lykes bros lease ?

wolfecitrus
Southern Airboat Member

Post by wolfecitrus »

No but it is a large landowner similar to Lykes . They are just trying to protect themselves . We have been on this lease for years .

wildman9
Southern Airboat Member

Post by wildman9 »

Ok was just wondering if something was changing with Lykes I know all of their leases have buggies I'll try to find out what the club I'm in does as far as insurance I know we have liability insurance and we have buggies

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Prototype »

Scottsdale will take your money if it's General Liability but Vehicle liability off road may cost you at that limit? 1 million vehicle is way over the top in the most commercial standards for off road ground equipment!

wildman9
Southern Airboat Member

Post by wildman9 »

PM sent

MYDIXIEWRECKED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by MYDIXIEWRECKED »

Have you tried the NRA? I have my airboat camp insured thru them. they may cover vehicles under the policy or have an add on.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
"People sleep peaceably in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence ON THEIR BEHALF"

Lifetime member NRA
Owner camp 9 1/2 in beautiful 3A south, Everglades

Return to “Buggy Talk”