Glades Geezer Group thanks Alaska !

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Glades Geezer Group thanks Alaska !

Post by Cherpa »

Wow ! What a trip we had. Words can not express our thanks to all we met. Bud and Troy, thank you for a great day on the river and the glacier. Having a cocktail at the glacier using a piece of ice that old was just one of the highlights. I must say it was quit a different experience in airboating (cold a$$ water). Your boats ran great and preformed well.

Skip and Wayne, thank you for the welcome committee in Fairbanks. I didn't know you guys would show up @ the hotel w/ your boats. Our tour guide couldn't believe what he saw in the parking lot. I had a lot of explaining to do. I told him it's the most fun you can have w/ your pants on.

First thing we saw in Alaska was your state bird...

We grow too soon old and too late smart.

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Glades Geezer Group thanks Alaska !

Post by akblackdawg »

Paul, we really enjoyed your trip to the glacier and showing you a little part of Alaska. I only regret that I didn't have another boat available to take your group to the swamps and show you some moose the next day. I am happy you enjoyed the trip and be sure and let me know if you come back to see some more of our state. Also open to hunting if you decide to come in Sept. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bkmail »

Paul,
Plana little further ahead so I can join in the reindeer games too!
Glad Bud and Troy got to run you up there.

What else made the trip a success?
Any advice for others doing a similiar trip?
BK
https://www.bkmarineservices.com
https://m.facebook.com/BKMarineServices

502 BBC on a 18' Alumitech 2.68 Stinger box, w/84" 4 blade Whisper Tip Whirlwind blades.

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cherpa »

Everything was a success. We did a 13 day cruisetour. Our group of 6 flew into Anchorage a couple of days early to get adjusted to the time changes (4 time zones). We did the land portion first so we could rest up on the cruise portion. We pretty much saw everything that we expected to see, eagles, salmon, and bears, oh my. Beautiful country. Just wish we had more spare time to visit
w/ locals and meet up w/ people that are on SA.

So here's an open invitation to all SA members in Alaska. Come to Florida (not Disney) and the Everglades, give us a chance to show you our playground, eat some frog legs, and tell lies.
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

Return to “Alaska Airboaters”