New Alaskan Airboater

Post Reply
critter gitter
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 am

New Alaskan Airboater

Post by critter gitter »

New member just wanted to say hi, boat is ready to go. Trying to post picture of the boat but doesn't seem to want to upload any suggestions?

Troy

User avatar
kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 am
Location: New Iberia, LA

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by kajunoutlaw »

critter gitter wrote:New member just wanted to say hi, boat is ready to go. Trying to post picture of the boat but doesn't seem to want to upload any suggestions?

Troy
Welcome to the wide world of Airboating. You have a neighbor on here with the screen name of akblackdog. If you want your pics uploaded, you can email them to me. lawelder2002@yahoo.com. I'll handle it for you Troy. Or if you go to the search bar on the upper right side, type in "uploading pictures" Rick, has a link you can go to to learn how to upload.
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

User avatar
Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Palm Bay, Fl
Contact:

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by Whitebear »

Welcome aboard Troy, glad to have ya here. Make yourself at hom and we'll swat some tales and info ;)

Remember that when you post someone else's picture its in your gallery until you remove it then it is not in the post either anymore.

There are instruction in "Site Related". If you are getting the image into your gallery then be sure to click and open the picture to the big image then right click and chose copy image location. Then go to your post and hit the IMJ button and then Paste. move your cursor to the end of the text line and add a couple spaces and continue with your text.

If there is a image size problem I can shrink then or you can use http://www.picresize.com/
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

User avatar
kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 am
Location: New Iberia, LA

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by kajunoutlaw »

Whitebear wrote:Welcome aboard Troy, glad to have ya here. Make yourself at hom and we'll swat some tales and info ;)

Remember that when you post someone else's picture its in your gallery until you remove it then it is not in the post either anymore.

There are instruction in "Site Related". If you are getting the image into your gallery then be sure to click and open the picture to the big image then right click and chose copy image location. Then go to your post and hit the IMJ button and then Paste. move your cursor to the end of the text line and add a couple spaces and continue with your text.

If there is a image size problem I can shrink then or you can use http://www.picresize.com/
I may have overstepped my bounds. I tend to want to help too much. I have gotten used to posting pics on here so I just thought I would offer a little help to a fellow boater. Muh bad main!
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

User avatar
Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:49 pm
Location: Palm Bay, Fl
Contact:

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by Whitebear »

Nothing wrong with helping man, thats what airboaters is all about. Just remember the thing that pictures are attached to the account of the person who posts them not the person in the image or the owner of the image.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

critter gitter
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 am

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by critter gitter »

thanks for the help guys, I am slowly getting it with your help I was able to upload to photo gallery so I will try next to get it on forum. Thanks for your help

critter gitter
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 am

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by critter gitter »

Image

Hit your edit button to see the string I corrected for the image below.


Image

User avatar
kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 am
Location: New Iberia, LA

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by kajunoutlaw »

critter gitter wrote:thanks for the help guys, I am slowly getting it with your help I was able to upload to photo gallery so I will try next to get it on forum. Thanks for your help
Critter.......once uploaded to your gallery...........open it up.......right click.........click on "copy image URL" from there.......paste that into this box like this........http://www.southernairboat.com/photopos ... ......then put Image on the end. Your picture will look like this...........

Image
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

critter gitter
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 am

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by critter gitter »

thanks kajunoutlaw much appreciated, hopefully I get it soon

User avatar
kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 am
Location: New Iberia, LA

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by kajunoutlaw »

Good looking sled critter. And you're welcome. When you post as much as I do on here, it will become second nature. One of these days........this is all gonna come to a head and there will be 18,000 plus meeting in one place in Florida and having a drinking, sliding, puking party! LMAO!
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

User avatar
skip olsen
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Fairbanks Alaska

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by skip olsen »

Have you got to play with it yet. Talked to brian he said you live just around the corner from him.

User avatar
akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2969
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Wasilla, ALASKA

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by akblackdawg »

Welcome to Southern Airboat and hope you enjoy your new boat. Looks good, styled like the ones Skip builds. I'm close to you also. Just ask on here if you have questions, lots of good folks here that just don't like the cold. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

User avatar
skip olsen
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Fairbanks Alaska

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by skip olsen »

Bud
He lives by brain I told him that you were down there to, he got the boat from one of my customers its got a 540 268 stinger and four super wides. you guys will have to hook up

User avatar
Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1539
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:05 pm
Location: Bannerville

New Alaskan Airboater

Post by Comanche-pup »

Everytime I see one of you Alaskans boats I'm damn glad I'm in the land of flowers

critter gitter
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 am

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by critter gitter »

Hey Skip, I took it out once when I got back from Fairbanks, it was getting late fall by then so I am itching to get out this spring. I have been doing a lot of work to it, you shouldn't have let me sit in yours cause when I got back down here I put everything you had in mine. Looking forward to meeting Bud and hopefully doing some airboating with him and Brian. Thanks again for everything you did during the purchase of boat.

User avatar
skip olsen
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Fairbanks Alaska

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by skip olsen »

They must think we freeze our but off. But they don't realize we have nice seats and warm heaters, Hope you enjoy it and go riding with brain and bud

User avatar
Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 1539
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:05 pm
Location: Bannerville

New Alaskan Airboater

Post by Comanche-pup »

I freeze my butt off in Florida with nice seats, only white powder I want to see is beach sand and only ice I want to see is in a cooler but that is me, obviously you guys have it going on and have a blast!

User avatar
skip olsen
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Fairbanks Alaska

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by skip olsen »

Mine has high back racing seats that recline back so I can sleep in there a heater that works off the coolant from the engine plus an espar diesel heater for when I'm parked an spending the night, plus an 800 watt inverter to run my coffee maker, plus my cab is insulated. We stay comfortable in them.
One of these years me and the wife our talking about coming down there in the winter and spending the winter down there, This freind of mine that lives up here that is from florida told me I can see it now you pull your boat down there and start running it you will be all over southern airboat people will be talking about it. :alaska:

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:30 am
Location: Palmer, Alaska
Contact:

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by bkmail »

Troy,
I'll call ya tomorrow, or give me a shout.
Been at the cabin. Also picked up a new boat you might want to see....
BK
https://www.bkmarineservices.com
https://m.facebook.com/BKMarineServices

502 BBC on a 18' Alumitech 2.68 Stinger box, w/84" 4 blade Whisper Tip Whirlwind blades.

Uhairball
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:31 am
Location: Inverness, FL

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by Uhairball »

critter gitter wrote:Hey Skip, I took it out once when I got back from Fairbanks, it was getting late fall by then so I am itching to get out this spring. I have been doing a lot of work to it, you shouldn't have let me sit in yours cause when I got back down here I put everything you had in mine. Looking forward to meeting Bud and hopefully doing some airboating with him and Brian. Thanks again for everything you did during the purchase of boat.

All you guys from up north really piss me off! You get like 4 or 5 months a year to get your boat ready for the season. Down here we only get
one or two days to get everything ready... :D :lol:

User avatar
akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2969
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Wasilla, ALASKA

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by akblackdawg »

Hey Critter, is this your first airboat or just a step up from another airboat? If this is your first, be careful. Both Brian and I will be happy to go riding with you. You really need to not get to heavy on the foot when learning, these boats of Skips slide really easy and no sense wraping it around a tree. Back on here there is a post several pages long that has the do's & don't's of airboating. Look it up and read it. These are dangerous machines and you need to learn how to run them safely. I suggest your first run this spring try Jim Creek chain of lakes, all very shallow with lots of room to practice on. I'll be around. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

critter gitter
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 am

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by critter gitter »

Good advice Bud , I have been around boats all my life but not an airboat I would love to learn as much as I can from you guys. The last thing I want to do is danger myself or others, so look forward in picking your veteran minds. If you don't mind I would like to get your number from Brian, talk to u soon.

User avatar
kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 am
Location: New Iberia, LA

Re: New Alaskan Airboater

Post by kajunoutlaw »

akblackdawg wrote:Hey Critter, is this your first airboat or just a step up from another airboat? If this is your first, be careful. Both Brian and I will be happy to go riding with you. You really need to not get to heavy on the foot when learning, these boats of Skips slide really easy and no sense wraping it around a tree. Back on here there is a post several pages long that has the do's & don't's of airboating. Look it up and read it. These are dangerous machines and you need to learn how to run them safely. I suggest your first run this spring try Jim Creek chain of lakes, all very shallow with lots of room to practice on. I'll be around. Bud
Good advice Bud. But, IMO, I think running some deep water first would be a good start. Get the feel of the boat. Shallow water running as you know gives any hull lots of lift and less control. It almost makes the boat feel weightless at times. But, with a veteran such as yourself, and some good headsets, critter can get it done quick. Good luck critter. Enjoy that boat man.
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Post Reply

Return to “Alaska Airboaters”