So. Fla. guys coming to Alaska

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

So. Fla. guys coming to Alaska

Post by Cherpa »

A couple of the Glades Geezer Group are coming to Alaska for the 4th of July. We will be going on a cruisetour starting on Mon., July 8th. We will be in the Anchorage area for that weekend. So, tell me what's going on that I need to see and do.
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member

Re: So. Fla. guys coming to Alaska

Post by bkmail »

Just two days to spare in the Anchorage area?
Do you have access to a vehicle?
Portage Glacier tour or better yet....Whittier then on a Stans Stevens Wildlife/glacier tour out of Whittier for the day, salmon BBq, etc..).
Take the train to Seward and ride the bus back.
Wildlife farm in Palmer (reindeer, moose, buffalo)
Palmer (1 hr drive from Anchorage) also has a musk-ox farm worth a tour.
Jetboat tour up to a glacier by Portage/Whittier area
Helicopter ride out of Girdwood to a dog mushing ride up on a glacier.
Flightseeing trip to the mtns or Denali.
Lots of options depending on time and $....
BK
https://www.bkmarineservices.com
https://m.facebook.com/BKMarineServices

502 BBC on a 18' Alumitech 2.68 Stinger box, w/84" 4 blade Whisper Tip Whirlwind blades.

skip olsen
Southern Airboat Member

Post by skip olsen »

Cherpa You Going To Be Up Around Fairbanks, Bud Lives Not Far From Anchorage. If You Make It Up This Way Let Me Know I'll Give You A Ride In Are Airboats But We Aint Got Frog Legs, Bud Says They Were Pretty Good Eaten

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cherpa »

bkmail wrote:Just two days to spare in the Anchorage area?
Do you have access to a vehicle?
Portage Glacier tour or better yet....Whittier then on a Stans Stevens Wildlife/glacier tour out of Whittier for the day, salmon BBq, etc..).
Take the train to Seward and ride the bus back.
Wildlife farm in Palmer (reindeer, moose, buffalo)
Palmer (1 hr drive from Anchorage) also has a musk-ox farm worth a tour.
Jetboat tour up to a glacier by Portage/Whittier area
Helicopter ride out of Girdwood to a dog mushing ride up on a glacier.
Flightseeing trip to the mtns or Denali.
Lots of options depending on time and $....
BK
Thanks BKmail, that's a lot of information. We arrive 7/4 so we have that whole weekend. We plan on going to Girdwood on Friday then Palmer on Sat. This cruisetour takes us to Fairbanks. We will have some free time on the tour for ourselves, just don't know how much. That's why I wanted to come a few days before and give me the weekend. I know, too much to see, not enough time. Kinda like coming to Florida and not seeing the Everglades or the Fla. Keys.
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bkmail »

Theres a lot to do....just need to fit some of it to your schedule.
If you get the chance, I'd take Skip up on his offer when in the Fbks area.
BK
https://www.bkmarineservices.com
https://m.facebook.com/BKMarineServices

502 BBC on a 18' Alumitech 2.68 Stinger box, w/84" 4 blade Whisper Tip Whirlwind blades.

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg »

Cherpa, just saw your post. When you come towards Palmer, let me know. How many in your party. Happy to meet you there and take as many as we can up the Knick river to the Knik glacier, nice 20 mile run, may see moose or bears and lots of ice. My cab will hold 3, and by then should have a seat in front of cab for additional, but who knows what the weather will be then. Sometimes hot (70's), or rainy and cool (50's). Looking forward to seeing you and your wife again. Also, we have a motorhome you would be welcome to stay in while in the area. Keep in touch with your plans, I'll try to keep the boat running until then. There should be some salmon in the rivers if you have time for some fishing. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

hybanker
Southern Airboat Member

Post by hybanker »

while in girdwood, go to the crow creek mine and do a little panning for gold :alaska:

newoldglory
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by newoldglory »

skip olsen wrote:Cherpa You Going To Be Up Around Fairbanks, Bud Lives Not Far From Anchorage. If You Make It Up This Way Let Me Know I'll Give You A Ride In Are Airboats But We Aint Got Frog Legs, Bud Says They Were Pretty Good Eaten
[youtube][/youtube]
PRETTY good eating? :scratch: If he had Florida Bull Frogs, he would have said excelent. :cheers: I hope he did not get the toad frog legs from the southern countries that are farm raised. :roll: I often wondered where the Felsmere frog fest got that many frog legs, come to find out they were importing legs. :blackeye: If you have not had the best, you will be satisfied with what you get. :dontknow: JMO :lol:
To open ones eyes, you must let them see!

Remember; sometimes it's better to be thought a fool than to open you're mouth and prove it.

Return to “Alaska Airboaters”