• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Shoulder Surgery

kwanjangnihm

Has anyone had this surgery? Dr. is recommending it - thanks

Acromioclavicular Joint Arthritis
If it becomes inflamed or arthritic, it can produce pain and reduced shoulder function. The pain is typically felt directly over the acromioclavicular joint, at the top part of the shoulder, which worsens when using your shoulder, often when lying on your shoulder and when crossing your upper limb across your chest. The symptoms are often recurring or persistent.

Should the above fail to improve your symptoms, then surgical removal of the joint (acromioclavicular joint resection) is an excellent option to improve your shoulder. Approximately 5 to 7 mm of bone is removed from the outer edge of the clavicle, leaving the important stabilising ligaments intact and any rough areas of the acromion are removed.

The operation is carried out under general anaesthetic and performed arthroscopically using three to four small arthroscopic incisions. It is common to perform a subacromial decompression at the same time.

Acromioclavicular-joint-excision-1.jpg

Haven't had it, but it's a relatively minor surgery. It can definitely help, depending on your condition

Never had that surgery, but you have to weigh the risk, is it your rudder stick or your shooting arm? You can always learn to use foot steering, but learning to shoot left handed is tough for an old dog with Arthritis. :cheers:

Man, I might have an idea where that damage came from....

file.php

All joking aside, I hope you find relief and recover fully. Arthritis is a mean and miserable monster to live with.

OneBFC said:

file.php

All joking aside, I hope you find relief and recover fully. Arthritis is a mean and miserable monster to live with.
:stirpot: :D :D oh that was just wrong but so dam good .well played

lilly-Pad said:
OneBFC said:

file.php

:stirpot: :D :D oh that was just wrong but so dam good .well played
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back