• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

River will be up

terrible ted

The upper St johns should come up a little. I do remember after Charley driving my bay boat around the pavilion at the oak head. Went to burial mound and parked the boat in the woods tied to a big oak tree. I don't think we see that much water, but we should be able to ride allover.

Ain't been connected with the oustide world for a few days due to power, terrible cell coverage, and two small creeks that took out the road in our neighborhood.

I have seen a picture of Jolly Gator under water like I've never seen. Been told sr46 is under water & closed.

I can only imagine how deep it is inside Loughman Lake Lodge right now.

Rick

Ain't been connected with the oustide world for a few days due to power, terrible cell coverage, and two small creeks that took out the road in our neighborhood.

I have seen a picture of Jolly Gator under water like I've never seen. Been told sr46 is under water & closed.

I can only imagine how deep it is inside Loughman Lake Lodge right now.

Rick
I have not seen any of this. East Orlando nothing really happened here. Did not think it would. I did make 20 lbs. of sausage during the storm. For me it only trimmed my trees and tore my old canopy tarp. Yea the yards a little soft still but that happens every year.

Baxtors point is about 2ft under water and rising still, water is an inch away from penatrating jolly gator.. first time I ever got to take my DD sbc through the woods from jolly gator to Yarbrough shack in less than 5 mins. Morgan alderman road is where 46 is shut down from my side. And that road is balls deep right now! My boat was floating the trailer on the way to lake Harney woods, couldn't even launch there. So we dropped boat about ¼ mile from 46 on hatbill. Hatbill is almost flooded to titusville gun club. Was helping a guy out last night that was driving a stock chevy rado (headlights underwater a few times) to baxtors point, i was offering anybody a ride to dryground and the neighbors greeted us with guns and threats... so I guess they like swimming. The man I helped out living out there said he expects the water to keep rising until about Monday or Tuesday...

Last edited:
That sucks we rode Florence south to oakhead and the bird tower is the only dry ground to be seen

Attachments

• CAFC6F78-64A9-43F6-92F8-6BE832038727.jpeg
    CAFC6F78-64A9-43F6-92F8-6BE832038727.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 8
That is the flattest country I have ever seen.

Lakewood Park is in the Panhandle.

lakewoodmonument.jpg

South Florida is a lot flatter. I live 10 miles from the east coast at 25 feet above sea level (it's downhill to Lake O from here). I tell everyone I vote Pro Beach Erosion and plan to sell my beach front property one day for a mint!

Back