• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Reminder before the Florida Primaries

jaymac

I got this email this morning and wanted to share in a large forum. Just a reminder before the Florida Primaries: Fell free to pass it on. :florida:

Yes, he told us in advance what he planned to do. Few were listening. The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press." From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008, 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" the then Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag. General Bill Ginn, USAF (ret.), asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played. The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171... During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention, facing the flag, with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".
NOW GET THIS !!
'Senator' Obama replied:
"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides....." "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression...." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air, and all that sort of thing."
(ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???)
Obama continued:, "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ......"
"When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts .We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice, which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag, and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past."
"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America."
WHAAAAAAAT, is that???
Yes, you read it right.
I, for one, am speechless!!!
Dale Lindsborg, Washington Post

cntry141iq

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
http://factcheck.org/2008/04/obama-and-the-national-anthem/

wrong again ... LOL

This is a ridiculous example of how false stories are started, spread and, in many cases, believed.

It began with a column dated Oct. 27, 2007, on a Web site called the Arizona Conservative, which is written by John Semmens and clearly labeled as humor. His column, in fact, is called "Semi-News — A Satirical Look at Recent News."

Nevertheless, his column on Obama has been copied and sent around in e-mails, masquerading as true stories. The reader who asked us about it said he received it from a conservative Republican coworker. The e-mail included a note calling Obama’s candidacy "a joke."

In this case, the joke is the message falsely quoting Obama, and it’s on whomever is gullible enough to believe it’s true.

gruprgetr

mister encyclopedia (c141) like snopes was found out to sttttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrretttttch the truth
so does factcheck.biggov
if you go further into disprovement READ SOME OF THEIR FEEDBACK
not everyone eats scatcandy
Brooks Jackson
Director, FactCheck.org

Brooks Jackson is a journalist who has covered Washington and national politics since 1970, reporting in turn for the Associated Press, the Wall Street Journal and CNN. He joined the Annenberg Public Policy Center in 2003 and launched FactCheck.org in December of that year.

At CNN, he pioneered the “adwatch” and “factcheck” form of stories debunking false and misleading political statements, starting with the presidential election of 1992. His investigative reporting for the AP and the Journal won several national awards. He is the author of three books: “Honest Graft: Big Money and the American Political Process” (Knopf, 1988); “Broken Promise: Why the Federal Election Commission Failed” (Twentieth Century Fund, 1990); and “unSpun: Finding Facts in a World of Disinformation” with Kathleen Hall Jamieson (Random House, 2007).

AT CNN? that sure is a bastion of higher intellegence,honesty, and moral fortitude
sure would like to be proven wrong but i bet collard greens against donuts about all the folks onboard their" shortbus "are demcraps

if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, craps on your boat, must be a politician

cntry141iq

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
well folks can believe what ever they want to ... luckily most of the idiots do not vote ... they just whine ... I can't find a single politician in any party that truly has the balls to tell americans what needs to change and why it needs to change ... we have been living a lie for so many years decades actually that the realit has evaporated. NOBODY alive today can lay claim to being a part of america when it was run without political overspending to appease voters ... it has become the normal way of life. Problem is withdrawal is gonna kill a lot of folks. But to even remotely think that one individual is trying to destroy america .. even if his name is obama .. that is laughable .. and we gonna put in a gazillion aire to save us normal folks way of life huh .. yeah right sure he will ..

Whitebear

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
Until , and if, we are ever going to get rid of the concept of career politicians it will continue to be a game with the only target to win another term either for a party or for an individual. Truth and accuracy will always suffer at the expense of furthering a career.

If you want to win these days you have to appear to play the game. It won't change until some of the basics are fixed. Truth becomes increasingly irrelevant the further we depart from the basic idea that one can NOT make a career out of being a politician.

We simply must find term limits and a mechanism that makes politicians ineligible for any political office after a certain number (the fewer, the better) of years.

As it is, when politicians and parties aren't lying, they are having someone lie for them.

I see this on all sides these days. I also see no one trying to correct the basics.

Truth has become the disposable victim in this grand spectator sport.

jaymac

Gentleman
My only concern here is we can make a statement this year. We should all come together regardless of party affiliation and make CHANGE as was promised in the last campaign. After all we are the ones it effects. I personally would like to see all of the idiots thrown out and start fresh. Kick them to the curb and keep there lifetime retirements and force them all to get jobs so they might understand what it's like in the common mans world.

gruprgetr

jaymac
its all good here and these back and forths actually do get some folks to do more research..........kinda like telling your kid not to do something
so you tell em dont do something that you actually want them to do.........................go figure :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rebel:

terrible ted

cntry141iq said:
well folks can believe what ever they want to ... luckily most of the idiots do not vote ... they just whine ... I can't find a single politician in any party that truly has the balls to tell americans what needs to change and why it needs to change ... we have been living a lie for so many years decades actually that the realit has evaporated. NOBODY alive today can lay claim to being a part of america when it was run without political overspending to appease voters ... it has become the normal way of life. Problem is withdrawal is gonna kill a lot of folks. But to even remotely think that one individual is trying to destroy america .. even if his name is obama .. that is laughable .. and we gonna put in a gazillion aire to save us normal folks way of life huh .. yeah right sure he will ..

luckily most of the idiots do not vote THIS IS WRONG AND IS PROVEN BY OBUMMER IN THE WHITE HOUSE. THIS IS SHOUTING

Ron Paul would be the best for our future but the idiots do vote and will never elect him

jaymac

Reckon we could get ole Ronnie Reagen to come back and run it one more time!!
To perty this afternoon for sittin on this box. Me and the silver Caloosa going to fish eatin creek. Catch
me there and we can de-bate and re-bait and what ever keeps this fish biten.

Olf Art

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
jaymac said:
Reckon we could get ole Ronnie Reagen to come back and run it one more time!!.

Amen. Ronald Reagan was a giant in a midget factory in my opinion. The only thing I hope people will do is vote their hearts in the primary. Forget all that crap about who is 'more electable' and just vote for the man you want to lead our Nation.

That man for me is Rick Santorum. He's the only man left standing who has a solid understanding of, and respect for, our Constitution, and he has no baggage ! What you see is what you're gonna get.

Later, if he doesn't come out on top then I'll hold my nose (again) and vote for the GOP candidate on the ticket, but this time you have an opportunity to vote for the man you really want.

blackpowderscout

Has anyone ever found a video of him on "Meet the Press" on that date...........probably not.

Dave Mustaine once sang..........

"Just like the Pied Piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes
Swaying to the Symphony of Destruction"

Olf Art

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
Given what I see right now, Obama will be re-elected in Nov. anyway. If Ron Paul doesn't do any better in Florida than he's done up to now, I'm afraid he'll go third party before long and hand Obama four more years to try and destroy us. Wouldn't that be great?

The candidates for Nov. may not all be in the race yet, however. As I hear it, there may be a couple more men who are thinking about jumping in, even at this late date. It's gonna be a very interesting year for sure. :)

Eric Kimmel

Ron Paul
I don't like 100percent of his ideas but a hell of a lot more than any others running.
I just hope he is smart enough not to pull the third party thing this late in the game he should have done it a long time ago Pretty much with the ones running obama can win without even campaigning neither of frontruners support the constitution as it is written and i could go on and I am fed up with just voting the lesser of evils.

Olf Art

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
Eric Kimmel said:

The same thing I keep askin' ..... Why? Please. Somebody convince me that this 'too old for office' man is the best candidate!! His record in the Senate is FAR from impressive.

cntry141iq

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
well if more jump in it is because the one the PARTY wants to win ... is losing so they will go for second team ... all the confusion will only result in obama re-elected ... in my opinion

Eric Kimmel

like I said he is the only one that actually acknowledges the constitution
He knows many of these federal agencies violate theconstitution
He supports freedoms closer to what this countrywas founded on
He know the Fedral Reserve is nothing but a big scam Our monetary system needs to be backed with hard assets.
He is against the homeland security crap and the tsa bs Stopping the continuation of turning our countryi into a police state.
his weakness is I think he is a little too far on the isolationism but he is right its time to stop being the worlds policeman but while I am antiwar I still think we need to keep a strong military my nephew died during the Irag crap we never should have been there and a bunch of family friends and kids watched grow up saw up are serving and its a constant worry
Pretty sure neither of the parties will allow a fairly honest person win and especially one who actually believes in less government and true freedoms

If he goes third party now knowing it will lead to obamas reelection then he will lose all credibilty with me. If he had gone third party or libertarion from the get go I would have been more supportive