• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Prop count

SwampMatt

Hey all. Laura & I are trying to help Rick and Woodswoman get the press release ready. And cchardt could use this info too...

We'd like to get a good guess on how many boats will be taking part in the "run for the troops" on Aug 27th.

If you are inviting some friends, sound off with the number of boats you think will turn up.

Getting this info as soon as possible will help cc get the permission for a ramp (and parking space if gobs of trailers show up), and give us the biggest bang in the press release for the good publicity that airboating needs!

It'll also give Blackpowerscout a better idea about the donations.

thanks -

matt.

I'll go first...

AirboatRN and I will have 1 boat.

Including mine, there'll probably be 2-4 boats with me.

Thanks for the help Matt.

Rick

That's 11 so far. A respectable number and I know more are coming. I'm trying to find out if its gonna be 15 or 50

Moodfood,

One boat, two souls hopefully!

If my C-130 comes through for the airlift of the boat!

Work for communists who don't want me to have any more fun on my weekends off! But they also don't pay me to sit at home and wait for an emergency light bulb change!

Seeya there!

Basketcase

OK---I really wanted to buy "DIXIE HORNS" for my boat and a new set of "YOSEMITE SAM" mud flaps for the truck; but, I'll take that money and come to the ride with some care packages. As of now Me, one boat, six care packages.

going to check wheel bearings on the trailer
see ya'll there

Well, this lists counts 18 so far, and there are some I know are coming who have not yet chimed in. PLUS there are the friends and last minute decision makes too. AND we may pick up a few at the ramp who may want to tag along.

I think it's safe to say that about 25 boats will be on this ride? Maybe more. If so, that doubles the number of boats on the last ride... which was an impressive looking group.

Harvey - I know it's a long way down from Georgia for you. I'm happy that you'll make it! You'll really love this area of the river. My stomping grounds are a little downstream, but it is absolutely beautiful out there and I can only expect that the upstream area will be just as good if not better!

Three states will be represented at this run! We need to get Nebraska Dan down here for one of the runs!

matt.

Don't forget about cchardt. One boat with him and I think he said there are about 3 or 4 boats that he knows of as well as some members of the Airboat Club that may show up. Wow, what a turn out.

Am expecting the delivery of my new Diamondback this week. This ride is on my list. Will likely have HarryTFirefighter and maybe my son - a USMC Operation Iraqi Freedom combat veteran in tow. Great Job Airboaters. You make me proud to be in association. 3 boats.

I think Adam asked for big cards since its overseas calls... something like 120 minutes.

Glad you're gonna make it!

Thanks Moodf,

As it turns out I will not need to use your truck. do appreciate the offer on your truck.

Will arrive Friday afternoon. Look forward to meeting ya'll

Back