• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

New? type fastners for poly install


Well-known member
Has anybody out there seen the fastner (bolt) that leaves a semi smooth surface inside the hull after installing poly. I thought that I saw them on a boat up at the GTO swap meet a couple of years ago. I am getting ready to put poly on my boat and wanted to use these fastners if they exsist. They aint rivets but look similar. The bolt has a large shank and recesses into what looks like a washer but is actually the nut over the poly. Was I smoking the left handed cigerettes that day or do they actually exsist. You know livin down here around this big lake leaves me some what technicly challenged so I might be behind the times some. Last time I did poly I had to punch the holes with a stone hammer and dinosaur bone. Oh and if they do exsist where can I get some.

Thanks j