• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Move to a Duck boat

I have both and only use the mud boat for places/times when airboat is illegal. If I had to pick one, the airboat wins hands down. The damn long tail mud motor spends all day trying to throw me out of the boat, it's an all day wrestling match. The mud boat will go where I am willing to make it take me. The airboat goes where I tell it, no wrestling required.

I have both. And both have their uses. Early waterfowl season (October/November) I love utilizing the duck boat. Later when it gets cold and the big northern birds come down, the airboat gets me into better areas to get to higher quality birds. And especially after the ice gets here, the airboat is the ticket. The mud boat is substantially cheaper to run, I can hunt right out of the boat, I can take newbies out in the duck boat easier than the airboat,, its just less of a production with the duck boat. but the duck boat needs a fair amount of water. the airboat needs nothing but fuel. the airboat is more fun to drive but costs a lot more. its a trade off. my suggestion, get both.

Back