• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Is everyone paying extra for ac oil?

12ftgso480

Or is there an equivalent that can be bought from oriely ? I remember reading something about it foaming differently but hate to be paying extra and ordering if one can go to the parts store?

The Amalie airboat aviation oil at my local O'reillys is $10.99 a quart with no discount for a case. That's more than I paid for Aeroshell Plus at Moore's Aircarft about a month and a half ago which was about $100 for 12 quarts.

Bought Phillips 66 at the Mims True Value a few months back and it was about $70.00 for 12 if I remember right.

Rick

Or is there an equivalent that can be bought from oriely ? I remember reading something about it foaming differently but hate to be paying extra and ordering if one can go to the parts store?
Bought some aero shell 100 yesterday at an advance auto. Went online to buy it, was $9.99. But I gave them my email for some news letter or something and brought down my price to 8.49 per quart. (Can only do discount online)

Run aviation oil, it has ashless dispersants designed to capture the byproducts of burning leaded fuel. Automotive and diesel oils have different additives. Phillips Victory is about the lowest priced oil you will find and the best value. The best pricing I find on this is specific stores vs. online at $70-$80/case being the best pricing.

This thread (and more if you follow the rabbit hole) covers some discussions on this.

Aircraft oil

Thanks for the feed back guys. We've been having some trouble out of our gear box leaking along with a mountain of other minor leaks. Thought if we could get equivalent at part store would be great 😅 we tore this reduction down tonight. Gonna try and put bearing, bushing and maybe a seal ourselves. Definitely entering some uncharted territory here but figure it's worth a shot at $100 worth of bearings before sending it off to be rebuilt for close to 3k.

Attachments

• 20220604_111417.jpg
    20220604_111417.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the feed back guys. We've been having some trouble out of our gear box leaking along with a mountain of other minor leaks. Thought if we could get equivalent at part store would be great 😅 we tore this reduction down tonight. Gonna try and put bearing, bushing and maybe a seal ourselves. Definitely entering some uncharted territory here but figure it's worth a shot at $100 worth of bearings before sending it off to be rebuilt for close to 3k.
Or pick up a used one.

7.99 at rural king, a buddy just bought it yesterday near Lake Wales, bought Phillips a month ago at Schmidt for 85/case. And recently here in Broward Advanced Auti has it back in stock, $9.09 after discount and tax included online order pickup in store. Oil at Schmidt will be going up on next order from what she told me.

Attachments

• B978E33F-00B2-48B6-A475-16A8D2D57E97.jpeg
    B978E33F-00B2-48B6-A475-16A8D2D57E97.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 7
Bought a Case from Aviation Oil Outlet, $86.85 for a case of Phillips Victory, that's tax and free shipping included. Not the best price, but I find UPS and FedEx diesel is cheaper than mine if I'm not already going somewhere.

Bought a Case from Aviation Oil Outlet, $86.85 for a case of Phillips Victory, that's tax and free shipping included. Not the best price, but I find UPS and FedEx diesel is cheaper than mine if I'm not already going somewhere.
I agree. Think I'll give them a try...thanks

Rick

Back