• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

I'm Going Back to the Gator Country

BoHawg

...where the wine and the women are free.

Hello to all of y'all and maybe there's one or two of you who remember me.

I've been out of Florida for over eight years, but I'll retire in June and I'm moving back to my home state. I'm pretty sure we'll end up in the Venice area. I've run airboats in the Panhandle, on the St. John's and down in the Kissimmee Chain, but never on the West Coast. Can any of y'all advise about the Venice area? I'll be in the market for a new boat too.

What have I missed in the past 8-10 years? Also, has anybody seen ole Rich Andrews on here lately?

Welcome back home BoHawg!! :florida:

Enjoy your retirement and slide safe sir! :cheers:

[youtube-video]https://youtu.be/893KDHvSLOA[/youtube-video]

I am born and raised in Venice circa 1975. Still living here. ALOT has changed in 8 years, at least from my perspective. Getting awfully busy here not to mention damn expensive! Myakka river is off limits to airboats north of U.S. 41 bridge. South is fine but relatively no marsh. Me and the old man usually run the Peace River due to our close proximity. Ramps in Nocatee and Navigator bar are your best bet. Okeechobee is roughly 1.5 hours away. Glades are 2.5. Inverness is also 2.5. After the first of the year I should be done building the new boat and plan on a Kissimmee trip.

Attachments

• 20201213_132643.jpg
    20201213_132643.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 1,612
:florida: :rebel:
Thank y'all for the welcome and the replies. I'm guessing it's safe to say that the Yankee invasion is still in full effect? I figured as much especially down in the southern part of the state. If i have to, I guess I'll have to plan on spending the weekends at Cypress or Hatchineha, as long as they haven't gone crazy and banned airboats or something there.

I’m ready to start doin’ this again.

Attachments

• 690B8AC1-4F3E-4876-AC56-978FC2C54D12.jpeg
    690B8AC1-4F3E-4876-AC56-978FC2C54D12.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 1,563
Back