• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

How To: Painting the inside of a hull

ktyamaha36

I am getting one of my stringers Fixed and a new slick bottom Monday, Wanted to go ahead and paint the entire inside of my hull while I have the metal works off.

It was a tan color, but has faded really bad. And I also want to paint over the new stringer that will be installed. Im not looking for anything crazy, Just want a nice Tan paint that will look good for a few yrs! I like the look of that splatter design but want to keep it simple.

What kind of paint do you guys suggest buying...And how should it be applied? Sprayed? Rolled? Brushed?

lowes sells marine paint ive used it good syuff ive also used rustolum inside and outside thined down a ili bit and rolled it on the inside and use a brush where needed i spraye the out side helped up for a few yrs

get a gallon of tan gel coat ,your choice of color and sprat it.for the webbing look,they sell a webbing product. put the webbing in a mix tub and the put the same amount of color into mix tub.mix the 2 together and put the mix into spray gun and spray it on at low air pressure.spray your webbing on a board to get the webbing look you like.play with the air pressure on guy to get the look you like.it will be a real top qualty job when you get done.it will look like it did when it comes out on the mold,it will look brand new,it also will be cheap.

Back