• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

fuel ingection upgrade on chevy 502

flat rat

want to convert my 502 to fuel injection for ease in cold weather starting and to avoid carb iceup. looking for some suggestions if anyone has done this and what brand they used. this boat is used in michigan in the winter on ice and snow. thanks for any help, flat rat

muffled500hp

I like the MassFlo injection systems, easy to setup, easy to tune. Even if you dont know anything about setting up fuel curves, it is a self learning system. The system uses MAP and o2 sensors.

540 mountain motor

Exactly what he just posted!!!!!!! :mrgreen: My engine has not been started in three weeks, turned key and it busted right off and never stumbled one time. Temp changes, no problem... Idles perfectly without hesitation on snap throttle either.

Wild Bill

Like above, I did Megasquirt 2 Extra with a wideband 02 sensor on my SBC Porsche and works great. Test it throughly before doing crazy things with friends and loved ones on board. It's just in hind site that I am grateful my airboat engine performs exactly the way I want when I want, Especially since my barge is a slider and nothing is happening without throttle!

Waterthunder

You need to make a few other changes to the motor before you switch to EFI or your wasting money and time and will not see the benefits of EFI!. If you don't you will just end up with a $3,000 EFI that runs like a carb.

Wild Bill

I'm wondering what those couple things are? For the Porsche I ended up using Ford EDIS ignition and missing tooth wheel. Put a LT1 intake on a small block with RHS Heads. Made an oil pump drive out of an old distributor. It was a fresh engine with 1 cracked factory head, Hypers, '69 Camaro guy upgraded to 383 and 700R4.. $200 and I sold the Edelbrock intake and chrome valve covers for $140. I'm not going to bother with fuel injection for either of my big Block Boats and stick with the Holley's but went LT1 intake to keep it all under an uncut hood. Lotta damn work.. The Megasquirt is a total learning experience and didn't go without glitches.. Wideband and dual MaP sensors... for mountains.. Interesting and spending time can be rewarding..