• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Anchorage area airboat trip.

JB550

I am coming to Anchorage for a weekend in the end of June. I would like to trade a trip on an airboat there for a trip on an airboat in the Flying Eagle Preserve Citrus County Florida. I have friends I'm staying with up there that have lived there for over 20 years that I haven't seen in that time. I would gladly pay for the gas for the day and whatever food we eat. Please PM me if we can make this happen it would be fantastic.

IMG_5924.jpgThe weekend I'll be there will be the 25th and 26th of June. It would be me and only one other person. My friend there is an avid Outdoorsman that hunts and fishes regularly

I'd love to but i'm up in Fairbanks, If you talk your buddy into a trip North hit me up.

Thank you for the response. I was kind of stunned by the lack of interest. Chuck at airboat Pros knows a number of people they're in Anchorage having sold them boats and is going to work out a trip with one of his customers for me. Again thanks for the response if we make it North I will contact you.

You might want to try posting on the Alaska Outdoor Forum in the Alaska Airboating section. I think you'll have better luck there. Everyone is pretty busy that time of year, good luck...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/

WOW! You are a lucky man Jeff! Really makes me second guess where I want to live. Beautiful! I lived in ID for a few years and miss that kind of country.

do you know what part around anchorage is featured in that video? I was thinking the mat-sue valley or between the two

Not Anchorage at all.
Its Jim Creek, Knik river, and the glacier.
Very popular areas to play.
Bk

Yes, like BK says, it looks like Jim Creek area off the Knik River, less then a hour drive from Anchorage. As long as my boat is up for it, i'll be happy to take you and friend for a ride out there. Just pm me. Bud

Bud, some of us have become accustomed to your not reading entire threads and just showing up at the end with something that may or may not be relevant. Usually nobody comments when this happens. However, this time I can't help but point out that he was already up there three weeks ago now. :lol:

My bad . . . maybe it's not to late if he can get ahold of Stewie Griffin. He has a time machine. :D

Deano said:
Bud, some of us have become accustomed to your not reading entire threads and just showing up at the end with something that may or may not be relevant. Usually nobody comments when this happens. However, this time I can't help but point out that he was already up there three weeks ago now. :lol:

My bad . . . maybe it's not to late if he can get ahold of Stewie Griffin. He has a time machine. :D
He can not help it. :slap: It is that left side of the brain thing

Deano said:

yep Deano, I guess he missed out. first 5 posts were in may and I missed them, last 10 were in july, that's when I saw them and didn't realize I was a bit late. ty for your concern. Bud

Man I had no Idea they had areas in Alaska like that to ride in that was awesome almost like the Everglades with Mountains\
the Video was fantastic

Sniper said:
Man I had no Idea they had areas in Alaska like that to ride in that was awesome almost like the Everglades with Mountains\
the Video was fantastic

that's a nice area but pretty small, it is several lakes joined together by creeks and you can take a spin around each of them from end to end and be back in a half day without rushing things. they join onto a main river and about 20 miles up the river is a glacier which is a nice run on occasion, if water is normal or high, jet boats can get up to it also, during low water its airboat territory. but there are other areas in the state to explore also.

I know this is an old thread but I was about to post the same thing!

WE TOO are from Flying Eagle Preserve in Florida & heading to the Anchorage area to stay with friends. We are looking for a ride Sept. 11-17, 2019. Happy to buy fuel,lunch & also reciprocate a ride in the Eagle. Which is the best ABing around FL!! (#cca Home of Swampstock!) We are not sissy riders & prefer a locals ride rather than sitting on a boat w/ 30 other people. But heck, I can't even get any tour people to pick up the phone. If anyone has time to help us check off this bucket list item~ that would be cool!! Please let me know. THX!!

(Now i wonder who the original poster was? probably passed him in the swamp last weekend!)

Back