• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Airboaters Helping Airboaters

Champ18ft

This Post is for all the new people that are coming on board. There is a Forum here on Southern Airboat that is Called AHA. It has names and numbers to call if you need help. This is where you want to go if you need help. Contact Rick and he will let you in to add your name. If you need help let your family know that this is where they need to go to get a name and number. Twice this week members of SA have needed help. Go to this Forum and help will be on the way. The people that have added their names to this list will drop what they are doing to come to your aide. And if you add your name to the list do it only if you would do the same.

Cool forum but just tried to view it and it said i don't have permission. Why is that. Should be an open forum shouldn't it

Because it has personal information it is not available unless you ask (PM) Rick for the permission.

Prevents SPAMMERS and Hackers and other no good folks from just creating and account and then mining the personal info of members.

Well if your out stuck and need help that won't work. You would have to wait to get permission and after a few days of waiting out on the river the skeeters would have drank all your blood. Maybe those names are for a dif reason.

slow5ho said:
Cool forum but just tried to view it and it said i don't have permission. Why is that. Should be an open forum shouldn't it
I should have mentioned that you need be a member and get permission to get into it.

Cyraxx0120 said:
I asked long ago when i became a site supporter and never heard anything back.

If you follow up on it, likely the PM or email just got lost. Give Rick a follow up PM.

Just went to the AHA forum.
Bravo Tim is still on there.
First met him pulling a boat out on the Sawgrass Park canal.
Shortly thereafter, we got him out of a jam west of Holiday Park with T-Rex & Maddog.

Moderators. Can we leave him on there with an appropriate side note? It's good to see his name...and remember.

also without permission i can not have another family member get me a phone number without accessing my account. maybe a fix like putting the phone numbers on there backwards with an approiate sidenote.ie 6866719318 allows easy access to gain help. and if there is a hacker, permission isnt going to stop them. do trespassing signs always keep u from crossing the fence when noone is lookin.

I fully agree it should be by permission only. If it was opened up to everybody without getting Rick to grant permission. Then I would remove my information.

Cyraxx0120, you've been added to the AHA usergroup and should have access to that area now. Your request must have slipped through the cracks somewhere.

AHA is by no means private, but it was agreed on, in the beginning, that we set it up this way due to personal contact information being posted on an internet forum.

Rick

well then i guess it is not about an open gesture to help anybody. only those who have be granted access. it would be better to post up to an open forum then, as did the gentleman who was stuck in The Big Marsh. I am not on that llist and have not be granted access to that page however i seen his post and immediatly called him. i am in Plant City and i offered to drive there asap. I would do this for anyone. to complicated to try to gain access when in need to a private page. jmo

well all you gotta do is send rick a pm and access will be granted ... it is what I and everyone else who is listed in there did. and if your family can't get access to your account just have them post a note on the forum like the guy who was stuck in the big marsh did and someone like me will go to the helper section and make a few calls and call him to let him know help was being worked on .. and even gave him some numbers to use himself out there while he was waiting. .... just a thought .. it has been working for a time or two over the years I have been on here. not bashin ya but it does work just fine just like it is .. please sign up ...

No please dont get me wrong not bashing the system only saying it could be better, everything has an option for improvement. the original topic was on new airboaters, maybe when we sign up and we recieve our conformation email it could be in that email that this forum exist and there be an option to gain acces to it and place your name on it as well. i have been on here 2 years and this was the first i have every heard of it as i rarely scroll past the High Performance Talk in the forums page. Just looking for a better way to open it up to the new airboaters the ones who will need the help the most especially when i feel this is the most important forum on here.

Forum changes are normally brought up in the Board Room. There is a place for everything. ALL Site supporters have access BTW.

Back