• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

470 conversion

jaymac

All
Doing a GPU O470 conversion. Got the core torn down and started to check tolerance on the crank rods and found three to have a little more slop than I would like. Still inside of scope but figure I am in this far why not get er right. Who is a good go to for crank rods and bearings. Any help would become appreciated.

I am searching for a good crankshaft grinder that will polish and grind the fillets correctly to where the risk of fracture are minimal, aircraft specialties is one I know of, you can get all gaskets and seals from Ducarra aviation

I've had a few done by a machine shop in Okeechobee. I believe the name was Keener or Keenen machine shop. You'll have to look them up online. Anyway they always did a very good job. I have had no issues with any of their work.

I am searching for a good crankshaft grinder that will polish and grind the fillets correctly to where the risk of fracture are minimal, aircraft specialties is one I know of, you can get all gaskets and seals from Ducarra aviation
Do you have a Contact number for Aircraft Specialties. And where they located.
Thanks

All
Doing a GPU O470 conversion. Got the core torn down and started to check tolerance on the crank rods and found three to have a little more slop than I would like. Still inside of scope but figure I am in this far why not get er right. Who is a good go to for crank rods and bearings. Any help would become appreciated.
How’d it end up? What did you up doing to it overall?

Back