SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quick Slick Dry Time
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:45 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

finishing my boat tomorrow with some quick slick then dropping newly painted rigging in. whats the wait time for the quickslick to dry if i use 35cc of activator? not trying to rush the job but i dont want to ruin the bottom by flipping it back over to soon

Post subject: Re: Quick Slick Dry Time
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:26 am 
Southern Airboat Member

If its hot then bout an hour,hv to b honest ive tried every product as far as slick bottom quick slick was my last hv to sayits slick but not very abrasive resistant been out twice since new bottom & not happy & hvnt run nuttin even close to what I would call very abrasive ****,& got sm pretty bad gouges!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:26 am 
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Call Brian at 863 581 9710

2012 12'-6" x 7'-6" Hamant with a SV 540 & NGQ's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:30 am 
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Tony, how much did you put on? Y'all have a lot of sand , shells, rocks , car parts and anything else in that river. Poly would probably be your best bet!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:43 am 
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Fabian9748 wrote:
finishing my boat tomorrow with some quick slick then dropping newly painted rigging in. whats the wait time for the quickslick to dry if i use 35cc of activator? not trying to rush the job but i dont want to ruin the bottom by flipping it back over to soon

SLOWER THE BETTER JMO BETTER FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO THE TEMP IT IS OUT SIDE .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:32 am 
Southern Airboat Member

i put 1 gal of steelflex & 2gal of quick slick not tryin to bash anyones product by any means but ive had this boat tore dwn 4 times now & im done,with what ive spent on these products i could of almost bought poly but now im tapped out for now,i ran grass & very little sand after this last stuff was applied i just dont see any durability in it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:29 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

just to clarify in my first reply i said an hour,didnt mean full cure time,was hard to the touch,it sat 2 days b4 i put boat bk together & then another 3 days before i run it!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:21 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Never had any problem with my quick slick steel flex first then 4 gallons of quick on a 14-8. If you spray it it goes on thicker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:32 pm 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

tonyld67 wrote:
i put 1 gal of steelflex & 2gal of quick slick not tryin to bash anyones product by any means but ive had this boat tore dwn 4 times now & im done,with what ive spent on these products i could of almost bought poly but now im tapped out for now,i ran grass & very little sand after this last stuff was applied i just dont see any durability in it.

I call bull**** on that. We have used quick slick a few times through the marsh, over roots ,breaking myrtles , and flying rock roads just because we can and never had those kind of issues!!!! Sounds like you are either mistaken on what you have been running or not applying properly. It's durability is unquestioned as far as I am concerned along with how well it slides around on the hill.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:51 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

U can call bs on it if u want I applied exactly as brian tol me w/a gel coat gun,everybody has there own opinion,sorry if u dnt like mine oh well!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:58 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

And if u read thouroly what I wrote never said it wasnt slick,its slick as u would want & runs the hill just fine,just dnt think its goin to last more then 8-10 trips & thers no way I can afford to spend 300+ every 10 trips,this subject is like beatin a dead horse been doin my homewrk on these bottoms since aug. Of last year,like I said thats my opinion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:27 pm 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

I'm calling gouges in your slick bottom from running grass and sand bs you had to hit more than that if not y'all have some of the baddest grass I have ever heard of. And as far as your post bothering me it don't but comeon get a little more realistic with what you run.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:41 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Haha whatever!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:51 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Defenitly coulda hit somethin,just by readin & hearin guys say its tough as nails & pound the ground,must b difference in terrain then runnin kissimmee grass,imo ur not gonna run any small gravel,sand etc. & it last imo & I dnt pond the ground nuthin like most guys over here do

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:20 pm 
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

cont520 wrote:
tonyld67 wrote:

I call bull**** on that. We have used quick slick a few times through the marsh, over roots ,breaking myrtles , and flying rock roads just because we can and never had those kind of issues!!!! Sounds like you are either mistaken on what you have been running or not applying properly. It's durability is unquestioned as far as I am concerned along with how well it slides around on the hill.

Robert, I was thinking the same thing. It does totally depend on the riding area tho. I think terry has proven durability of slickbottom running dry LOL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:48 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

well i went over to harbor freight and picked up one of the texture sprayes for 25 bucks. grinded and cleaned the bottom and shot on 2 gallons with the gun, came out looking great and thick. should last me a good bit since i dont run the hill to often but when i do i want that stuff to be slick and slick it is. i talked with brian today and he suggested i wait till tomorrow to flip and it and drop the rigging. so tomorrow ill take care of that :usa: