SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:21 pm 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Up for sale is a Teledyne 4A032-4 Engine converted for aircraft (mini-airboat) use. The govenor has been removed and 1/4" aluminum plate installed in it's place, carbeurator venturi bored to 5/8" and the standard airbox replaced with a K&N Filter. The "tuned" propeller and custom hub (machined out of the stock flywheel) is also included with the engine... The original dimensions of the propeller were 58 X 24. The propeller was blocked down and balanced to 40" as to achieve nearly 3K static RPMs, which given the dimensions of the modified propeller and engine, is producing about 15-18 hp. The propeller has been finished in spar urethane and buffed to a nice gloss. Also, the stock headers were converted to straight pipes using 3/4" EMT conduit - sounds like a little O-540 when run with the prop. All told, the engine has only about 2-3 hrs run time for test/trials on a mount. I do not have the time to continue with this mini project. This engine would be ideal on an 8' or smaller mini as it produces significant thrust during my tests. I will include all of the parts that came with/were removed from the engine (engine was purchased unused military surplus a few months ago). I am asking $500, firm (cost of prop and engine alone, less modifications) and will deliver no further than Ft Walton Beach, FL free of charge (I live near Mobile, AL). If interested, or would like some photos, email me at Amphiboman@yahoo.com.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:05 pm 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Here are some photos...

Attachments:
P1010219 (Small).JPG
P1010219 (Small).JPG [ 54.13 KiB | Viewed 6862 times ]
P1010218 (Small).JPG
P1010218 (Small).JPG [ 45.48 KiB | Viewed 6858 times ]
P1010217 (Small).JPG
P1010217 (Small).JPG [ 46.83 KiB | Viewed 6849 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:19 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

... I'm still seriously considering it, Amphiboman. 8)

RiverRat
Beautiful Crocker Junction, Alabama