Different types of hulls

Automotive powered airboat discussion.
longbeard407
Southern Airboat Member

Different types of hulls

Postby longbeard407 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Ok, probably going to open a huge can of worms here but What is a good durible hull thats at least 13x7 foot or perferably wider? Wanting to keep it light as possible but not so Light it can't run dry? I am wanting to build a DD hunt boat... Motor has roughly 525 ft Lbs at 2800RPM's so 280 HP Sad thing is I blew most of my budget on this motor. Not a race boat remember its a hunt boat so looking for good reliable new hull that isnt at the 3k mark perfer to be close as possible to the 2k mark! Thanks.

kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Different types of hulls

Postby kajunoutlaw » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 pm

PM Sent
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:56 pm

When you find that hull, send me a PM and maybe we can get a discount on two of them. :D
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Cowboy Rock
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby Cowboy Rock » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:34 pm

I tore up my first 2 Fiberglass boats on the rocks up here,,, I looked and looked for about what you are

asking about,,, Classifieds, Craiglist, and on and on,,, Then I did as you did and just openly asked for

that kind of boat and it wasnt a week later that a man in S. Fla. PMed me that he had a hull like I

wanted,,, We talked and I explained that I was way up here in Ga, and S.Fla was a World away from

me and how it was going to take some time before I could get down there to buy the boat,,, And

damned if he didnt say not ot worry, he would save it for me,,, The rest is history,,, SA is all it takes to

find what you are looking for,,, Just dont give up,,, Good times are a comin'...

:drunken: :rebel: :old_glory:
Wet Dreams Too,,,

14 ft. Panther,,, 370ci SBC, 72 in Whirlwind Whispertip, Line-X-350 X bottom,,,

"Full bloodied Dog hunting man"

Dry Branch, Ga.

Thats how I roll,,,

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby JAMES » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:51 pm

CONTACT GARY BARBER HIS HULL IS BAD A$$ AND AROUND THAT PRICE OR WAS I WAS TOLD AWHILE AGO
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

Return to “Automotive Power Only”