SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lycoming O-290 Cylinders
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:36 pm 
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

We need (4) Lycoming O-290 cylinders to overhaul or overhauled ones. They must be or stay standard. I have some i could get ours rechromed but our customer is in a hurry, go figure. 863-698-0383

863-698-0383

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:18 pm 
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

A customer in a hurry, I have never heard of that. He can't understand that it takes over 3 weeks to get a cylinder chromed. Then add another week for UPS shipping. Then take a few days to overhaul the cylinder and do the valves and assemble it. What do you mean he can't have it tomorrow. How about if you call and tell them that you are in a hurry......SO IS EVERYBODY ELSE. I hate it when somebody asks me to call somebody I do business with and ask them when I can have the part. i will not do it. The customer has to understand that the part is out of my hands and when it is ready I will get it. I do not want to ruin my relationship with my suppliers by always rushing them. And have customers that worry and panic about one part of the boat being ready when there are 10 other things they still need. I am not trying to talk about your customer, I just hear it all the time. This custom stuff is not off the shelf. Anyway I do not have a cylinder for you, I just understand how you feel when somebody else's rush or emergency deadline becomes your problem to solve. One guy I can handle, but when there are several jobs out it becomes stressful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:28 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

+1 to that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:55 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

I've been a customer to all three of you guys and all I can say it Quality comes first. I will recommend each of you to anyone who asks. I have to say that delivery has been pretty darn quick for anything I've ordered. Guys like you make it possible for people like me to keep a boat going. I can turn a wrench but I depend on the experts to get me the quality parts I need.

Post subject: 290 cylinder
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:15 am 
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

amen to that. I did find 2 fresh chromes on my shelves over the weekend and quite a few to send off, so I think I'm ok. Thanks for the help though.

863-698-0383

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:05 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

gary--dont drop any more pistons in your shop 0-290 parts are hard to find thanks for your help any how now the little 0-290 is back together but still fighting high oil pressure but ill get it kent ryan