While the administrators and moderators of SouthernAirboat.com will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
This is a privately owned site. Membership, use and permissions on this site are at the sole discretion of the site owner. Some, any or all permissions to view and/or use this site are subject to change, for no reason and no advance notice.No Offensive Content:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, racial, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Any post containing material in violation of this rule or linking to a site in violation of this rule doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). SouthernAirboat.com may be more strict than other communities in its definition of offensive material. If you have any doubts about whether your post or site may violate these guidelines, please ask a moderator before posting.
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic without notice and at any time should they see fit.Personal Behavior:
Personal attacks on individuals or groups are not permitted. You are free to challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully without insult and personal attack. Posts containing name calling or other words will be deleted. Similarly, discussions that become overly heated or hostile in tone may be closed or removed.Physical Threats:
Physical threats will not be tolerated. Users who make physical threats against staff or members via forum posts, private messages or e-mail may be immediately banned from the forums. Posters who receive such threats should immediately contact a staff member and should save the original copy of the threat.Username Policy:
For obvious reasons, multiple usernames are not allowed. If you have forgotten your log in information or want to change your current username, please do not create a new account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
.Copyrighted or Trademarked Material:
It is illegal to post any content that is copyrighted or trademarked, unless you hold the copyright or trademark. Any material protected by copyright may not be posted in the message boards, or picture gallery, without the expressed permission of the author or owner of the copyright on that material. This includes reproducing the full text of news stories, articles, etc., as well as images. It is usually acceptable to provide a link to copyrighted material, to post brief excerpts, or to paraphrase other works, though we do strongly encourage you to cite the original source whenever possible. Check the site's rules/terms you are copying from. Some may have a limit to the number of words that you are permitted to copy.Posting Etiquette:
Republishing Your Words:
- Vendors: SouthernAirboat.com welcomes vendors that support the airboating community. Forum participation, not advertising, is the key to success. Vendors that place only advertisements will be removed. Vendors that have websites & place their link in their signature, profile or on the forum are encouraged to return the favor with a complimentary link back to SouthernAirboat.com.
- Cross Posting: When you create a discussion thread, choose the most appropriate forum, and post it there. Cross-posting -- or posting your discussion in more than one forum -- can confuse, annoy, and frustrate other members, or may be interpreted as spam.
- Classified Ads: Please keep the classifieds & the forum separate. Ads & announcements of ads posted in the forum with the sole intent to gain ad views will be removed.
- Spammers: Spammers should be ignored and reported to a moderator or admin. Replying to a spammer's post only complicates things when that post is deleted.
There is a huge amount of knowledge published on SouthernAirboat.com and as we grow, additional resources may become available as part of a content- or blog-based information section. As we continue to grow, we may reference links to your posts throughout the network and use discussion topics for the basis of new articles and features. We also reserve the right to quote your discussion forum posts in newsletters, throughout the site, and in SouthernAirboat.com promotions. When republishing your quotes for wide distribution, we will identify you only by your SouthernAirboat.com member name. We promise to be sensitive in this effort. We will not republish anything you write that we think could be deemed personally endangering, inflammatory or embarrassing to you without your consent.Member Organized Events:
Individual Southern Airboat members, or groups of Southern Airboat members who organize these rides, outings, and gatherings do so at their own risk and accept that SouthernAirboat.com, Inc., and/or it's officers, will not be held responsible for any possible liabilities that may be involved. It is also understood that all officiating organizers, individuals, or participants take full responsibility for their personal safety and conduct while attending these member organized events.
These conditions should be understood to apply to all member organized events announced on SouthernAirboat.com, unless specifically stated otherwise by an officer of SouthernAirboat.com, Inc..Southern Airboat Classifieds:
Airboat Deals Gone Bad:
- You understand & agree that along with classified ads posted on the SouthernAirboat.com Classifieds, comes seller responsibilities including, but not limited to, ad accuracy, legality, fair & honest buy, sell, & trade practices, etc..
- Sellers are solely responsible for each individual item of content that they post on the SouthernAirboat.com Classifieds.
- The Southern Airboat Classifieds are provided and funded by the airboating community. Non-airboat related commercial ads are subject to removal, without notice, at the discretion of this airboating community.
- Duplicate ads are not allowed. If your offer has changed, edit your ad. If your offer has changed and your ad is a couple of weeks old, delete it & post a new one with a new offer.
- An exception to the no duplicates rule would be to have a "For Sale" ad and a "Trading Post" ad at the same time. Just be sure that your "For Sale" ad lists sale terms & your "Trading Post" ad lists trade terms.
- Repeatedly posting the same ad for the purpose of keeping it above other member ads is not permitted.
- You understand & agree that SouthernAirboat.com does not control, and is not responsible for content made available through the free service that the SouthernAirboat.com Classifieds provide, and that by using the SouthernAirboat.com Classifieds, you may be exposed to content that can be best described with descriptions that include, but are not limited to, illegal, offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, objectionable, etc..
- You acknowledge that SouthernAirboat.com does not pre-screen or approve content, and that SouthernAirboat.com shall have the right, but not the obligation, to delete or move any content that is made available via the SouthernAirboat.com Classifieds.
- Firearm and Ammunition Transactions:
- It is your responsibility to know and abide by all federal, state and local laws and regulations concerning firearm and/or ammunition transactions.
- You may only ship guns to a FFL (Federal Firearms License) holder per Federal law.
- By posting, or responding, to a firearm and/or ammunition ad on the SouthernAirboat.com Classifieds, you agree that you are fully aware of all federal, state, and local laws and regulations that may govern the transaction AND that your intention is to abide by ANY & ALL governing laws and regulations.
- For information concerning laws and regulations that may govern firearm and ammunition transactions, please visit these websites:
- The option to post questions/comments in the Southern Airboat Classifieds is solely/strictly reserved for sincere inquiries from interested parties only. Any comment that does not appear to be a sincere inquiry will be deleted immediately.
- You acknowledge and understand that abuse of the "Comments" feature, as determined by SouthernAirboat.com and/or it's moderators, may result in being temporarily or permanently banned.
- Personal Contact Information:
- Due to possible dangers associated with exposing personal contact information on the internet, you agree that posting information including but not limited to email addresses, phone numbers, mailing or home addresses, etc., is done so at your own risk.
- You also agree to post only YOUR personal contact information and that the posting of personal contact information of others is prohibited.
- Spamming Policy:
- You understand and agree that sending unsolicited advertisements to any email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, or any other personal contact methods which may be listed by SouthernAirboat.com Classifieds users is strictly prohibited.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
- YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SOUTHERNAIRBOAT.COM CLASSIFIEDS IS AT USER'S SOLE RISK. THE SOUTHERNAIRBOAT.COM CLASSIFIEDS IS PROVIDED ON AN AS IS AND ON AN AS AVAILABLE BASIS. SOUTHERNAIRBOAT.COM, INC. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- SOUTHERNAIRBOAT.COM, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SOUTHERNAIRBOAT.COM CLASSIFIEDS WILL MEET USER'S REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE SOUTHERNAIRBOAT.COM CLASSIFIEDS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES SOUTHERNAIRBOAT.COM, INC. MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SOUTHERNAIRBOAT.COM CLASSIFIEDS OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE SOUTHERNAIRBOAT.COM CLASSIFIEDS.
If you have a disagreement with someone in the airboat or any other industry, or you provide a service and have a disagreement with a customer, then by all means take it up WITH THEM and not on SouthernAirboat.com. Member accounts that are setup specifically for the purpose of bashing/trashing vendors or vendor customers will be banned.
Posts containing negative information about vendors, or vendor customers, may be removed if they are not worded carefully. "Worded carefully" will be determined on a case by case basis and will be at the sole descretion of SouthernAirboat.com and/or it's moderators. Posts that are considered to be part of a negative campaign against any vendor or vendor customer may be removed without regard to the "worded carefully" statement above.The Very Legal Fine Print:
SouthernAirboat.com reserves the right to prohibit or delete discussions that are thought to violate applicable law or that may be harmful to other members, the sites that comprise SouthernAirboat.com, or the rights of SouthernAirboat.com or others. That said, SouthernAirboat.com does not have the practical ability to restrict conduct or communications that might violate these Guidelines or the Terms of Service prior to transmission on AOL or the Web, nor can we ensure prompt removal of offending discussion forum posts.
SouthernAirboat.com is a private website that is open to the public. The public is allowed to and encouraged to post comments to invoke discussion. However, because this is a private forum, we may ultimately censor any and all posts made if we choose to do so. SouthernAirboat.com has quite strict guidelines for acceptable content. Posts or links to sites containing offensive material may be removed by the moderation team. By posting, you are subjecting your post to these guidelines.Personal Information and Cookies:
As a user you agree to any information you may, or already have, entered being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances as determined by us in our sole discretion, of users who are infringers of copyright. Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Service Provider's Designated Agent. Notification must be submitted to: email@example.com
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give you notice that we have removed or disabled access to certain material by means of a general notice on the Site, electronic mail to a user's e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to your physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Launchpad Toys Inc. may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.