SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:03 am 
Southern Airboat Member

I have never had any luck getting either one (Siver Dollar or Red River) to answer the phone or e-mails. I was thinking that the Airboat business must be the business to be in. Work little, and play alot. That's how I would like to work also. :lol:

I had a guy that wanted to see Red River Airboat while I had him up hunting the last weeke of the season. Wanted to test drive, and probably buy if he had seen something he liked. I called River River everyday leaving messages, and e-mails for the 5 days before our hunting week, plus everyday of our hunting week. Still haven't heard back from them. Told my buddy to set up a time and appointment with American. So I think that is what he is going to do.

American on the other hand, now Faron is Johnny on the spot. When ever I have needed any help or direction, he has been just a phone call away. If it goes to voive mail, with-in the hur I have a return call. When I get ready to buy a NEW RIDE, it will be American Airboats. I like knowing if I am going to spend $30,000-$40,000 on a Airboat, that someone will talk to me, when I am in need. cooter

Post subject: a
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:27 am 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

OOPS how did this get here!

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:53 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

my bad

Last edited by bmf23 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:37 pm 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Four separate people have called my law firm complaining that one airboat company in Texas is not building the boat they say they will, and is taking deposits and not delivering boats for over half a year, if then, when they claim 6-8 weeks. And it most certainly is NOT American Airboats since they have an excellent reputation. Personally, I run an Alumitech AGI-2. Charles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:51 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

guys i have had bobby build two boats for me the first one he built he got it to us in a timely manner and he is working on the second one now his boats are built very stout and seem to be a very good boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:43 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

I have one of Farons boat and will buy my next from them. Red River whatever is building several boats for the guys aroudn here that are bowfishing. I saw this thread last night and was too tired to get in the middle. Personally I have not looked at one but several of the guys that have them and several have ones on order. The Bosfishusa Forum has comments and pics of their boats. Harold Speed(?) the owner of the company, is a bowfisherman and shoots all the tournaments around here. Like I started with, I am hooked on the American Airboat and will order my next from them, which I thought I would have done this winter but the wife is due last days of March and not sure I need a new boat right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:56 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

bmf23]First of all I would like to set this streight We build our hulls here in Okla not in La like you are telling guys on here, second someone must not have my phone number 903 819 5292 and yes I went through a divorce and phone was changed, but we have always built boats since 1987 and will continue to build them. Sorry some of you have had trouble getting in touch with me.
PS I own Silver Dollar Boats not Red River like someone posted on here, we are not assocaited with red river, red river minins, best airboats, or any other name Bobby is operating under. Just wanted to make some things clear. Here is our contact info. http://www.silverdollarboats.net or I can be reached on my cell anytime 903 819 5292
Sorry for any inconvince that my divorce might have caused with my phone and web site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:35 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Always good to see new members, welcome Harold to Southern Airboat Forum. Glad to know things are going good for you and your getting back on track. I hope business is going good. I have a couple pictures of you that are pretty funny, If you can take a joke. From that last run we went on together in N. Texas or Oklahoma. Anyways its of you driving one of my boats!
Anyways, again welcome to Southern Airboats.

Sniper dont go posting any of those pictures of me driving that Diamondback. (LOL)

www.americanairboats.com
409-920-0716 Cell
Airboatcapt2@aol.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:57 am 
Southern Airboat Member

That a boy Harold, good to hear from you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:07 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

I dont know anyone that has a silverdollar that is unhappy with the performance. when you ride in these boats you feel safe and they will haul some butt across the water carrying big loads. I know this crazy cajun that has one that ran 58 mph with 4 big guys and 2 generaters and a diesel heter and alot of other weight. that wasnt even full throttle. I havent been told by anyone to get on here and say this, its just from me being around these boats and seeing what they will do that will keep my buisness from here on out. harold did have some problems in the past and you cant blame the guy for putting his family first. I ordered a new boat from him and will be getting it around the end of the month. some here have some kind of personal issues with silver dollar but that dont mean that his boats arent bowfishing machines. I have bowfished out of alot of different airboats and I have seen how they fish and how they draft and carry weight on dry land.there has only been one that has impressed me for the amt of weight that we carry and haul across lakes the silver dollar boat hands down did it easier than the others( diamondback,panther,ronnies,gto) I havent driven an air ranger but they would for sure probably be my second guess after the silver dollar. I do like the looks of an air ranger they look tough too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:21 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Amazing anyone would spend $35-$45000 on a boat from anyone and not get some refrences (this website would be a great place to start!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:53 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

I looked at the boat that I had Bobby at Red River Airboats went over the welds after reading the post and couldn't find any flaws. I have some pics that I will post. This is my personal opinion am not associated with RED REIVER AIRBOATS. When I decided to have a boat built we looked at all the manufactures and decided to go with Red River because of the quality and Price of the boats. I think that Bobby builds as nice if not nicer boat than anyone out there and for thousands less than his competitors. Not because his product is inferior but because he has less overhead than the others. He has a smaller operation than the others and does alot of the work his self therefor cutting down on the coast of his boats. That is my opinion. If any one has any questions about my experience with Bobby and Red River Airboats feel free to PM and I will give you my Phone number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:27 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

I uploaded some photos of the boat that bobby built there are some pics of the welds the pics aren't the best i will try and upload some better ones. I am also having Bobby build me another boat and should have it in 3 or 4 weeks i will post some pics of it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:25 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Just wanted to let you know I own a Airboat Tour Company here in Fremont, NE. We use our tour boat for everything from doing tours, hunting, rescue you name it we will try it.

I just wanted you to know how impressed I am with my Panther. I have a home video of tour starting on dry sticky land with 11 large concrete construction workers and myself on the boat. We just wanted to see how this boat would perfom under those conditions. I figured if it wouldn't move some of the guys could just get off and get back in once I had some water under the boat.

Wow was I impressed when I stepped on the gas for just a moment I thought its not going to move and then all the sudden the 21x9 572 counter rotator started moving with 12 large guys and up the ramp we were moving on dry sticky land.

I don't care who your favorite Airboat Manufacture is but that was just impressive. I don't know of any tour compaines that can haul 12 people on dry ground for several hundred yards in sticky conditions.

Check out Panther Airboats http://www.airboats.com

Tim Bryosn
Fremont, NE
Toll Free 877-972-8627

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:35 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Tim Well said no matter what mfg make's the boat if you put a good motor and a good drive they will perform well, I have seen places that 1,000hp boat will not untrack empty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:22 am 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Ya, I believe if a person is going to spend 30-40-50-60-70-80 thousand $ you need to put your own research into the boats.

Which means ride in the boat tell the manufacture what you want and ask them if that is possible?

I told Panther I wanted to run dry ground with 10 people in my boat and they put it in writting that it would and come to find out it will run dry ground with 12 people.

You must know what you want to do with the airboat in order for the manufacture to build the boat to your specs. Because if the boat does not perform the way you wanted it to it is your own fault. Not us on the forum that told you what we thought about our boats.

You need to know what you want out of the Airboat.

For me I am sold on the counter rotator from Panther. But I knew what I wanted out of my tour boat. And the nice thing was Panther stood up to there part of the deal.

All manufactures need to know what, do you want to do with the airboat?

For example, a guy that helps me with tours run's a Alumitec huls 5 people in boat boat runs dry 454 8 blade warp drive with 5 people. Another boat helps me DB 600+hprs boat runs great, But they all like the way the Panther Counter Rotator perfoms. So all the boats do what they are suspose to do because we had them built to what we wanted them to do.

Your contacts

Alumitec-Ron
American-Faron
DB-Bobby
Classic-Jay
Panther-Jay
Never seen Silver Dollar up here in Nebraska so I don't know anything about those.

Good Luck on your purchase

Tim Bryson
Fremont,NE
Toll Free 877-972-8627

Post subject: silverdollar
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:50 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

I haven't been online in a while and I happen to come across subject silverdollar, I have had a terrible experience with silver dollar and since Harold Speed has replied. May be he will answer me. I am one of the people that gave him a $15,000 deposit 3 years ago and never got anything. I have been very patient and willing to work with him still to get somthing done be he won't reply to me. I was and always been willing to pay the difference to get it done. Not sure why he don't answer , What does he have to loose ??? My email is Bkenrt@aol.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:01 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

15,000 AND THREE YEARS :shock: :shock: I`d be at there front door with a BIGGGG stick :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:37 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

mnairboater your comments WON'T fall on DEAF EARS AROUND HERE...........

SILVER DOLLAR, IS THIS YOUR NORMAL BUSINESS PRACTICES ?
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject: silverdollar
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:21 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Like I said we went down there and he promised that it would get finished. Maybe I should of had a big stick. We have been trying to going after the money but If anyone has tried it before its very hard and takes a long time I guess. I just can't believe that if he's back building boat he wouldn't just build and It would be over.
I guess for him its easier to take the money than work for it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2