SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  
 

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:00 pm 
Offline
Southern Airboat Member

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:13 am
Posts: 434
Location: Florida
Hey guys I would like to know if it is ok to airboat on the Santa fe river. I called ginnie springs and they told me no .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:51 pm 
Offline
Southern Airboat Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:33 pm
Posts: 149
Location: O-TOWN
dont see why not???? We've had one up there before. They think they own the dang river...but you might not want to get too close to the springs on a weekend with all the floaters

_________________
Duct tape and Tie-wire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:16 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:56 am
Posts: 444
Location: high spring
Yes you rcan run any where you want to on the Santa Fe I have ran from the mouth at sandy point north to were it runs under ground it gets rocky in some spots but from poe spring to blue to ginnie and past is pretty riden you will prob want to put in at 47 bridge and head up river to ginnie. Give me a shout if you do I live 3 min from there.

_________________
14' combee 454 BBC 2to1 belt drive spinnen 3 wirlwind master blasters.


Last edited by bowhunterfl on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:19 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 925
Location: Live Oak FL
There is no Airboat restrictions on the Santa Fe river. I've had mine on it more times than I can count. Much farther south than Ginnie springs though. I'm normally not north of the Ichetucknee river.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:21 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:56 am
Posts: 444
Location: high spring
poobought wrote:
There is no Airboat restrictions on the Santa Fe river. I've had mine on it more times than I can count. Much farther south than Ginnie springs though. I'm normally not north of the Ichetucknee river.


Elly rays doesn't count as the river....lol

_________________
14' combee 454 BBC 2to1 belt drive spinnen 3 wirlwind master blasters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:04 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:31 pm
Posts: 8458
Location: cocoa
/U JUST CANT PUT N AT GINNIE THATS ALL...

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/creativeconcretellc
possible another in the works but for now im airboatless lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:33 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 925
Location: Live Oak FL
bowhunterfl wrote:
poobought wrote:
There is no Airboat restrictions on the Santa Fe river. I've had mine on it more times than I can count. Much farther south than Ginnie springs though. I'm normally not north of the Ichetucknee river.


Elly rays doesn't count as the river....lol


Dang man, I wasn't gonna tell that part. LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:38 pm 
Offline
Southern Airboat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 am
Posts: 103
You can have alot of fun on the River!! Don't forget the Sandbar south of Hart Springs on the Suawnnee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:44 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 925
Location: Live Oak FL
Andy wrote:
You can have alot of fun on the River!! Don't forget the Sandbar south of Hart Springs on the Suawnnee


I havent been down there in about 5 years but it was wild the last time I was there. We had a keg party and lighting storm. Very interesting day!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:14 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:56 am
Posts: 444
Location: high spring
poobought wrote:
Andy wrote:
You can have alot of fun on the River!! Don't forget the Sandbar south of Hart Springs on the Suawnnee


I havent been down there in about 5 years but it was wild the last time I was there. We had a keg party and lighting storm. Very interesting day!!

Last time I was in rock bluff I seen your old blue boat or one like it.

_________________
14' combee 454 BBC 2to1 belt drive spinnen 3 wirlwind master blasters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 pm 
Offline
Southern Airboat Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 174
Location: Live in G'ville, From Cocoa
Hey I'm down to go- lets run it

_________________
14' Alumitech 383 SBC 2.68 Rotator 3 blade 80" Sens. R
Polished sst rigging 3/8 poly goes where you want it to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:02 am 
Offline
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:01 am
Posts: 1743
Location: cocoa / canaveral groves
i wouldn't by the powerline it looks like rapids it's so rockie

_________________
Air-RobertsImage
experimenting with old step w/t experimental 384.8 c.i. nos 2.68 rotator, 80" three bld ? R
http://www.bcraceengineering.com
Thanks to dave http://waterthunder.com/
New & Used PROPs
WhirlWind prop dealer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:45 am 
Offline
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 10:13 am
Posts: 3875
Location: Alachua, Fl
Yep, the Santa Fe, sharp, knife edged flint rocks are hidden in the grassey shallow rapid areas, will slice fiberglass like butter, (experience, many years ago).
Canoers, cryakers think they own it.
Should still be fun to run from US441, 41 north to sink, (like Bowhunter said), you will see some big ass gars, should have a gar gigging, can ya imagine how much fish a 4 or 5ft gar eats a day?

_________________
"GRASS SCOOTER"
Member of the over the hill gang.
United Sportsmen Airboaters Alliance.
NRA life member.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:45 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 925
Location: Live Oak FL
bowhunterfl wrote:
poobought wrote:
Andy wrote:
You can have alot of fun on the River!! Don't forget the Sandbar south of Hart Springs on the Suawnnee


I havent been down there in about 5 years but it was wild the last time I was there. We had a keg party and lighting storm. Very interesting day!!

Last time I was in rock bluff I seen your old blue boat or one like it.


The guy that bought it was from Old Town, so its very possible it was him. Cool, glad to know it's still on the water.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 am 
Offline
Southern Airboat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 am
Posts: 103
We were at the SandBar and a pontoon pulled up with a Band on it,,,Their must have been a 100 people,,Looked like something from Spring Break!!! Can't Wait


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ginnie springs?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:36 pm
Posts: 91
Location: chiefland
Andy wrote:
We were at the SandBar and a pontoon pulled up with a Band on it,,,Their must have been a 100 people,,Looked like something from Spring Break!!! Can't Wait

That was the steelbridge band,They bad ass band.They play alot around the bars of fanning and steinhattchee and sand bars.lOL.Lots of airboats at hartsprings sand bar,and sante fe river.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], russellreese87 and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
 Page and Content Copyright ©2014 • SouthernAirboat.com, Inc. • All Rights Reserved