SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  
 

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:05 am 
Online
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:04 pm
Posts: 1526
Location: Nebraska
The tree hugging liberals have convinced the Federal wardens to impose a AIRBOAT BAN in the Niobrara river and the Missouri river in the area of Niobrara Nebraska.This is another case of YOUR rights being taken away from you in the name of Liberals saving the environment.It is time to come together and stop this useless ban and the eroding of Your rights.If this is left to stand for us your airboating area is next.I am not sure of the next step in getting this ban lifted if there is one.
Twister69z

_________________
If you don't have time to do it right the first time ,
Where are you going to get the time to do it a second time?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:46 am 
Offline
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:09 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Crawfordville, FL
twister69z wrote:
The tree hugging liberals have convinced the Federal wardens to impose a AIRBOAT BAN in the Niobrara river and the Missouri river in the area of Niobrara Nebraska.This is another case of YOUR rights being taken away from you in the name of Liberals saving the environment.It is time to come together and stop this useless ban and the eroding of Your rights.If this is left to stand for us your airboating area is next.I am not sure of the next step in getting this ban lifted if there is one.
Twister69z

I guess my first question would be...How do airboats hurt the environment? I really hate to hear this. :evil:

_________________
Welcome to "The new breed of hatlights"
http://WWW.LIGHT-HEADED.NET
:old_glory:
:alabama:
:rolltide:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:59 am 
Offline
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:27 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Miami
Check the reasons for the ban
check the validity of reasons used for ban
bring forth legitimate reason why the ban is uunnecessary
Then the work begins setting up meetings with elelcted official s local state and federal. meet with your Fish and game commissioners, then do it all over again and again and try and bring others in to support youir cause. And when you think you are getting somewere or not getting anywhere be ready to quadriple up up on your efforts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 15731
Location: Palm Bay, Fl
Is this river considered navigable water ways?

_________________
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:10 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm
Posts: 254
Mike, do you have anything in print about this? I looked but couldnt find anything. I know the NAA was looking into this a few years ago when they were first talking about it.

_________________
http://www.purplepolish.org
info@purplepolish.org
402-562-0929
MK Company/Purple Metal Polish
1338 Road D
Schuyler, NE 68661


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:01 pm 
Online
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:04 pm
Posts: 1526
Location: Nebraska
I have a leaflet that the Federal game warden gave us this last weekend.We will be bringing this to the attention of the Nebraska Airboat Assn. If they can ban them there the rest of the state is venerable.Airboats are exclusively banned.
Twister69z

_________________
If you don't have time to do it right the first time ,
Where are you going to get the time to do it a second time?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:48 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm
Posts: 254
exactly where on the Niobrara is this ban imposed? How many miles of the river?

_________________
http://www.purplepolish.org
info@purplepolish.org
402-562-0929
MK Company/Purple Metal Polish
1338 Road D
Schuyler, NE 68661


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:49 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 672
Location: LAKE PLACID FL.... LAKE ISTOKPOGA
whats that so called legislature watch dog you guys pay thru the nose for been doing while this crap has been coming at you i


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:14 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm
Posts: 254
GMAC 76 wrote:
whats that so called legislature watch dog you guys pay thru the nose for been doing while this crap has been coming at you i

This problem was a Federal issue if I rmember correctly. Our Lobbyist works on a state level and is only around $1200 a year so not at all expensive considering what he has done for us in the past. Any time you are dealing with the Feds you have a real battle!

_________________
http://www.purplepolish.org
info@purplepolish.org
402-562-0929
MK Company/Purple Metal Polish
1338 Road D
Schuyler, NE 68661


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:23 pm 
Online
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:04 pm
Posts: 1526
Location: Nebraska
Every part of the Niobrara withing Knox county Nebraska.I will scan and post the entire document given by the Federal and State wardens.It includes the map.
Twister69z

_________________
If you don't have time to do it right the first time ,
Where are you going to get the time to do it a second time?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:12 pm 
Offline
Southern Airboat Member

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:31 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Nebraska
twister69z wrote:
Every part of the Niobrara withing Knox county Nebraska.I will scan and post the entire document given by the Federal and State wardens.It includes the map.
Twister69z

This happened before our time on the Niobrara Mike .the year was 1968.just never inforced till now.
The naa is gearing up to look into it,hope we can sway a change
Willie
look here and search the pdf for knox county . http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... gIkgOdBzUg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:59 am 
Offline
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 672
Location: LAKE PLACID FL.... LAKE ISTOKPOGA
they really had airboats on the niobrara river 43 years ago?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:05 am 
Offline
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm
Posts: 254
GMAC 76 wrote:
they really had airboats on the niobrara river 43 years ago?

My dad had his first one near Schuyler in 1954. Thats 57 years ago!

_________________
http://www.purplepolish.org
info@purplepolish.org
402-562-0929
MK Company/Purple Metal Polish
1338 Road D
Schuyler, NE 68661


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 am 
Offline
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 672
Location: LAKE PLACID FL.... LAKE ISTOKPOGA
Platte River Jake wrote:
GMAC 76 wrote:
they really had airboats on the niobrara river 43 years ago?

My dad had his first one near Schuyler in 1954. Thats 57 years ago!

oh i truly believe that i always thought that your area of the PLATTE RIVER was the birth place of airboats in nebraska i just didnt think there were airboats of any number on the niobrara river 43 years ago that they felt they had to banned them back then


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:51 am 
Offline
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm
Posts: 254
GMAC 76 wrote:
Platte River Jake wrote:
GMAC 76 wrote:
they really had airboats on the niobrara river 43 years ago?

My dad had his first one near Schuyler in 1954. Thats 57 years ago!

oh i truly believe that i always thought that your area of the PLATTE RIVER was the birth place of airboats in nebraska i just didnt think there were airboats of any number on the niobrara river 43 years ago that they felt they had to banned them back then


We actually used to airboat on Lake Babcock north of Columbus in the mid 60's untill they banned them there. It was taken over by the Feds as a game reserve. May be about the time it was done on the Niobrara as well.

_________________
http://www.purplepolish.org
info@purplepolish.org
402-562-0929
MK Company/Purple Metal Polish
1338 Road D
Schuyler, NE 68661


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:36 pm 
Offline
Southern Airboat Member

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:31 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Nebraska
Platte River Jake wrote:
GMAC 76 wrote:
they really had airboats on the niobrara river 43 years ago?

My dad had his first one near Schuyler in 1954. Thats 57 years ago!

My dad ran one on the Niobrara 25 miles from this area in 1961


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:51 am 
Offline
Southern Airboat Member

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:05 am
Posts: 149
Sorry to here about the BS you guys are going through in Nebraska. Here in Florida they are trying to put all kinds of rules and regulations on us down here. The shitty part is that when there was a oil spill or flooding the first people they turn to are the airboaters to come and help, but at the same time they want to make the laws were airboaters can't hardly do a damn thing to enjoy themselves. Whats this world coming to. :old_glory:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Airboats Banned
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:33 am 
Offline
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 10:05 am
Posts: 1997
Location: st.cloud,fl
Dewayne wrote:
Sorry to here about the BS you guys are going through in Nebraska. Here in Florida they are trying to put all kinds of rules and regulations on us down here. The shitty part is that when there was a oil spill or flooding the first people they turn to are the airboaters to come and help, but at the same time they want to make the laws were airboaters can't hardly do a damn thing to enjoy themselves. Whats this world coming to. :old_glory:


SOCIALISM :rebel:

_________________
(SWAMP GAS)
IF YOU PISS SOMEONE OFF MEANS THEY HEARD YOU
AIRBOATS DONT SPREAD HYDRILLA

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 






All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: twister69z and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
 Page and Content Copyright ©2014 • SouthernAirboat.com, Inc. • All Rights Reserved