SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Palm Beach style hull
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:43 am 
Southern Airboat Member

Ok Gang, I met with Jay Bass, owner of Wardaddy Airboats yesterday and we are excited to have become a dealer rep for the west coat of Florida. Jay builds a beautiful aluminum hull, using only the highest quality materials and pays attention to the smallest of details during the assembly process. Excellent Craftsmenship in every hull!

So while I was looking at his hulls, I really like the palm beach style hull Jay builds. In all my years of running airboats, I have never ran a palm beach hull. I am purchasing this palm beach style hull for myself and would like all of you that own, or have owned this type of hull to give me the pros and cons. I do know they run the hill excellent. We primarily run the Kissimmee Chain.

If any of you have a Wardaddy palm beach hull please chim in. I really like the looks of this hull!!!!

(239) 872-0772
RDHairparts@yahoo.com

"Pround Member"
Airboat & Buggy Conservation Club of SWFL
and KRVSA!
Palm Beach hull with air ride pushed by a Lycoming 300!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:45 am 
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Well I think they are a type of hull built for a specific purpose/area. They do look great and run great doin what they were meant to do ... run the sawgrass down south. They have been being built for many years ... and yet you see very few of them running other areas .. might want to ask your self why that is ?? I would go drive one in the sawgrass and then slip over into one of the deep canals and do a few tricks with it and I think the answer will be clear to your question. Yep some folks got the knack to drive a wheelbarrow anywhere they want it to go ... but others .. not so much. Anything can be done just as sure as someone says it can't be .. it is what airboaters do LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:12 am 
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

cntry141iq says " deep canals and try a few tricks" Better have your scuba gear on. :violent1:
Good for dry and skinny but deep water is a different animal. The way the sides curve not a stable boat in deep water. Flat bottom boat is much more stable in the deep water. Good Luck with your new venture.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:20 am 
Southern Airboat Member

I do have a Palm Beach full deck. Kline hull. I love it!! I do hunt off of it and run a good bit of dry, and I feel very comfortable in deep water. I had an open hull Panther for years before I got this boat, and it's a whole different world on my new Palm Beach hull. I would recomend this style of boat to anybody. I started airboating in Okeechobee and now live in Ocala. I run Lake George, Orange lake, Hernando, but I do go down South to run as much as I can. I do also realize that this is just my opinion, and there are a lot of other style boats out there that fit each airboater and their needs. good luck to all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:53 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

in deep water of lake O when ever I see them run they are always moving very slow. not WOT like a deep sided open hull runs. i suppose they either porpus or plow so as to make them feel unstable to the driver. next time i run accross 1 out there i will ask what gives.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:59 pm 
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

because the operators are very courteous people ... like I said ... just trot your arse over to a deep canal and enjoy the thrill ... make it a warm day though .. and like I said also .. somebody always will do what others do not want to .. I like step hulls I trail ride with mine and frog out of it .. but it aint for everybody .. whats that spanish saying "mi vida loca" (my crazy life) or "faint of heart need not apply"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:35 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

someday soon I hope to findout for myself. as i have an old thurman deckover and am hoping to make it go again as soon as i finish my motor.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:00 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Wait until u get the boat together and run contrary to what other people say I will bet u will never buy any other boat they r awesome I run a thurman my dad has a pbc hull and there is no comparing the two.Pbc hulls are the best all aroud hull does not matter what u run grass,the hill, or deep water. U will love it. The day will come when I have and never own anyting different

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:02 am 
Southern Airboat Member

Thanks for all the reply's..... I am looking foward to putting this boat together. The old "MISTRESS" has always been there for me, but it's time to move on!

(239) 872-0772
RDHairparts@yahoo.com

"Pround Member"
Airboat & Buggy Conservation Club of SWFL
and KRVSA!
Palm Beach hull with air ride pushed by a Lycoming 300!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:25 am 
Southern Airboat Member

dont know a lot but it looks like the hull that works on the rivers might not be the one for lake o or the gulf . a 10 ft hull wont do in 2to 3 ft seas when you come out of a creek :salute: :old_glory:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:38 am 
Southern Airboat Member

Iv run a lot of different boats over the years an I can tell you that once you run a Wardaddy you will be spoiled for lifeā€¦ An a great thing about theses hulls is you an keep them for a lifetime because of the hi quality material an craftsmanship.. depending how an where you ride I would only recommend two brands of hunt boat an Wardaddy is one of them..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:51 am 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

when u guys want to get rid of those grass deckovers,give me a call

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards