SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gator hunting tools.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:01 pm 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

I probably know the answer to this but sometimes it isn't obvious.

While planning an inventory of things to fill my boat with and drag around it came to me that a bang stick would or at least COULD be handy. That brought me to this.

Is a bang stick considered a firearm? Do you have to have a FFL to build and sell them?

That led to this.

I assume due to barrel length, if it is considered a firearm it must be considered a handgun right, wrong?

That led to this.

Is there a waiting period to buy a bang stick?

That led to this.

Is a bang stick illegal to have in the boat in management areas just like any other firearm?

Maybe I should just stick with my frog gig. Now that still leaves the question.

Are frogs considered fish by FWC? Do ya need a fishing license to "fish" for frogs?

Figured I'd ask all the dumb ones before I get home so I won't have to walk around red faced at my ignorance. :D

Scotty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:34 pm 
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

From what I understand frogs are in a class by themselves.Frog is a frog. The over all lenght is the issue with the power head/bangstick. when you buy them(at a gun store) they have a welding rod tacked on them so the gun dealer doesn't get in trouble for selling a short barrelled weapon. So I'm gathering that you can't have one on the boat other then during hunting season when you can have a regular weapon on board. (at least I think thats it but I may be wrong) Not that any AIRBOATER would ever carry a gun on thier boat :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:58 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

To answer the bangstick question no if the bangstick is being used as its intended use. If you have seperated and just have the end it is a fire arm. If you are interested in one you can check my website.

http://www.centralfloridatrophyhunts.com.

Whitebear,

PM if you are interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:05 am 
Southern Airboat Member

Most airboater on the Texs coast do carry a gun because they use their airboats for hunting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:31 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

This is off from the T and O book.

WARNING **
A bang stick is a firearm under the laws of Florida, and should be treated at all times with the respect
due such a device. While these materials are offered to familiarize participants with the appropriate and
safe use of a bang stick, the Commission cannot warrant that such use will be safe under all circumstances,
nor is this brief introduction intended as a substitute for the degree of experience and knowledge necessary
to safely utilize such a device. Improper use of a bang stick, as with any firearm, can result in serious
personal injury or death. In the event you choose to utilize a bang stick to harvest alligators, you should
select a model that the manufacturer deems appropriate for such use, and should at all times comply with
manufacturer safety recommendations and specifications for use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:46 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

A Bangstick is a Firearm.

There is know waiting period for a Bangstick.

It is illegal to have a Bangstick in a managment area because it is legally a Firearm.

You do not need a license to gig or catch frogs. However if you sell them you need a $25.00 dollar Freshwater Commercial Fishing license.