SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

Went to Diamondback last weekend w/my brother-in-law to discuss his new boat & did a little spying around while we were there. :D

• Model: DB380
  • Type: Lock breech .380 Auto
  • Capacity: 6+1 Rounds
  • Approximate Weight: 9.2 ounces
  • Overall Width: .750"
  • Barrel Length: 2.80"
  • Barrel Material: Billet 4340 Through-Hardened
  • Slide Material: Billet 4140 Through-Hardened
  • Grip: Glass Reinforced Polymer
  • Firing Mechanism: Striker Fire
  • Trigger Pull: DAO 5 lbs
  • Trigger Pull Length: .500"
  • Suggested Retail: $430
  • Est. Ship Date: December 08

Specs came from here: http://www.diamondbackarms.com

Rick

Attachments:
0713080933-00.jpg
0713080933-00.jpg [ 336.7 KiB | Viewed 14475 times ]
0715080849-00.jpg
0715080849-00.jpg [ 118.77 KiB | Viewed 14463 times ]
0715080850-00.jpg
0715080850-00.jpg [ 167.17 KiB | Viewed 14444 times ]
0715080851-00.jpg
0715080851-00.jpg [ 101.42 KiB | Viewed 14424 times ]

GobblerDirectory.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:22 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Cool little gun....I can't afford to get my boat running or buy a new D.B. hull but I am a leo and I always need to test a new gun...hahaha...Theres more than one way to support airboaters.... THANKS FOR THE PEAK...MR. RICK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:32 pm 
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

ITS A 380 CAL. I THOUGHT HE WAS MAKING UP HIS OWN CAL. ALL HE DID WAS MAKE A NEW STYLE 380 AND CHANGED THE TUNE A LITTLE BIT AND THE NAME
REALLY NICE BUT NOTHING SPECIAL FOR 430.00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Rick, did Bobby show you the changes he made to the ultralight hulls with the bottom rounded toward the nose? I was there earlier today and he showed me the handguns also.I think that is only the start and there will be different cal. to follow.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah Dave, my brother-in-law, Gary's gonna be gettin a 12 footer w/stainless riggin for his 540. Can't wait to try it out with those changes.

I believe that suggested retail price is inflated. I was told they'll probably be going for around $350 in the store. The gun in the picture still has the prototype grip, but it sure felt good to hold.

Rick

GobblerDirectory.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:06 pm 
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

I wouldn't mind seeing them chambered in 40 cal. or 45 ACP. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:21 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

COOL- My wife is looking to get her Concealed Weapons Permit. You guys got any info on a good little gun for her.
That diamond back gun looks like it might be a good for a Lady but the price is to HIGH for my wallet :shock:

John 3:16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:54 pm 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Well if they got them in 9MM Kurtz they surely have them in 9mm Parabelum. Anybody know?

Scotty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:52 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Anybody know what the patent is they are applying for?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:58 pm 
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Crackerstyle- check out a Bersa 380 (thunder 380) Its a walther ppk clone that goes new outta the box for about $260-$280. Thats what my wife carries, and to be totally honest its one sweet little gun. Basicly a Walther for half the price.Fired about 300 rounds thru it when we first got it and never did get it to jam. Now she shoots it about once a year when I drag her to the range. She always enjoys it cause most of the time she out shoots me.

SAFARI

TRUE HEAVY METAL REDNECK- Sorry aint crying in my beer. NOBODY RUN OVER MY DOG!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:13 pm 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Wife used to carry a bersa, but make sure its tuned up, polished well, lubed well and functions, hers was not reliable till I put in a long weekend of working it over. A PPKs would have been cheaper really...

Then we moved her to an ultra carry Kimber 3 inch 45 acp. Never looked back, small and shoots well and packs a punch.

Jeff

BTW I'm as cost consicous as anyone else, but I never did figure out folks scrimping on a gun thats their life insurance policy. Nope I won't pay for bling, but I will pay for reliability. Its cheap in the end. Our Kimbers were over 700 each many years back, never worried about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:19 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Safari rick that sounds like what she would like. Were do I find one (local gun smith-basspro-sports authority etc)

Rost 495 thanx for the info- one that jams on you is real frustrating-especially when a lady keeps it for protection.

Need a smooth shootin reliable gun
thanx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:39 pm 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

If the gun show comes to Orlando they always got a bunch of Bersas and the dealers cracker. My girlfriends got the same bersa 380.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:09 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

SWEET little gun, but i just bought a Sig 9mm... :( can't afford anything else yet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:21 am 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

:thumbup:
The quality is always remembered, long after the price is forgotten.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:03 am 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

IF y'all insist on cheap semi autos that are underpowered(my personal opinion) then make SURE the gun works with the CARRY ammo.... the worst thing you do is shoot cheap ball in it, and load it with hydrashocks or the like without at least shooting 200 plus rounds of carry ammo in it to make sure its not gonna jam.

And this isn't a slam on guns, or costs, simply a realization of what your life or your wifes life or families life is actually worth.

I"d rather see someone carry a hammerless 5 shot 38 special than a cheap semi, especially if they shoot only once a year... how do you learn your semi if you aren't shooting it very often? How to clear jams, how to reload it.... trust me in a stress situation it all has to be reflex.... thats why a revolver is more foolproof.

Again, not intending to do a flame war, only a bit of information.

Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:14 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

well how many gun fights have you been in? :scratch: i'm just saying, to each his own... i like my Sig and its fun to shoot, and if i ever have to point it at someone in a self defense situation, they probably won't walk away from it... i shoot cheap bullet just playing around but have a clip of nasties when im not shooting around in case sh*t breaks off, its not a "cheap semi" and it is dependable- but hey, to each his own i reckon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:24 pm 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Sleazy

Since I can't tell who you are replying too.... I would not class a sig as a cheap handgun. But a Bersa is.

The only other comments I have is thankfully I have been in ZERO firefights. But I do shoot my carry gun a bit in IPSC and IDPA matches. Those matches show what can happen in a stress fire situation. That being said, I don't blame anyone for shooting cheap ammo for practice or matches.... but you need to shoot a LOT of your carry ammo through the gun in drills to make sure it works. 1-5 mags won't tell the story. 3-5 IPSC type matches probably will. I learned the easy(note I said easy and not hard) way that Hydrashocks are not 100 percent reliable in my Kimber.... Kimber wasn't either expensive or cheap. And FWIW I shot a ton of ball ammo through our Kimbers, I generally carry a mag or two of ball as I know it will always work, but have shot a lot of Ranger ammo through both Carolyns and my Kimbers, and it is my main carry ammo as its been totally reliable so far also.

Point being, it isn't ever really the cost of the gun so much as do you shoot a semi enough to know it will work regardless? Do you shoot it enough to know what to do if it jams, without having to think? If not, a good 38 is hard to beat for most folks that don't shoot but a few times a year but want to carry.

Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

rost495 wrote:
I"d rather see someone carry a hammerless 5 shot 38 special ..., especially if they shoot only once a year... how do you learn your semi if you aren't shooting it very often? How to clear jams, how to reload it.... trust me in a stress situation it all has to be reflex.... thats why a revolver is more foolproof.
f

CRACKERSTYLE , when it comes to a carry gun for a woman, a hammerless 38 special revolver is her best friend, IMO

RiverRat
Beautiful Crocker Junction, Alabama

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:23 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

YOUR FROM TEXAS :shock:
THAT EXPLAINS IT :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:39 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

I'm from Alabama, and my carry gun is a 45 ACP, semi-auto Colt. Dandy little piece.

RiverRat
Beautiful Crocker Junction, Alabama

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:32 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

10-4 River Rat-Thanx for the reply on the 38 hammerless revolver.
I see your from ROLL TIDE ALABAMA- you keep your answers short and to the point.
I like that

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:40 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

RiverRat wrote:
rost495 wrote:
I"d rather see someone carry a hammerless 5 shot 38 special ..., especially if they shoot only once a year... how do you learn your semi if you aren't shooting it very often? How to clear jams, how to reload it.... trust me in a stress situation it all has to be reflex.... thats why a revolver is more foolproof.
f

CRACKERSTYLE , when it comes to a carry gun for a woman, a hammerless 38 special revolver is her best friend, IMO

thats what im cary a 38 s&w with hydroshocks, 5 shot ultralite you want shoot your self and it will fire every time and you get to take the shells with you when you leave, wife got one just like mine

THE POWER IS IN THE PUSH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:10 am 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Texas or not.... the ideal carry gun for anyone who doesn't shoot a lot(removing the word woman as they are not the only ones that don't shoot enough) is the 38...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:28 am 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

any decent revolver, hammerless or not, would be the one to get, women or man, they they never fail to fire. I carry a kimber 45 semi, nice piece but semi's can be tempromental. If your wife wants a nice gun, try the tarus ultralite revolver.