SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:43 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

I JUST WANT TO THANK ALL INVOLVED FOR HAVING US , ME AND MY FAMILY HAD A GREAT TIME , GREAT FOOD AND FREINDS AND ENTERTAINMENT HAD A GREAT TIME CUTTIN UP WITH OLD FREINDS AND MEETIN NEW ONES.. I JUST WISH THE ANTI'S COULD OF CAUGHT A CLIMPSE OF HOW HARD AIRBOATERS WORKED TO KEEP OUR WOODS CLEAN AND THEN HOW FAST THEY WERE TO OPEN THERE WALLETS FOR FUTURE SUPPORT WITH THE RAFFLES.. I KNOW IM PROUD TO BE A AIRBOATER AND PROUD OF THE COMPANY I WAS IN YESTERDAY , NOTHIN BUT GOOD FOLKS...DANNY (BIG GOBBLER) DID A GREAT JOB M.C"IN AND COWBOY OUR OFFICAL S.A. SPOKESMAN DID A GREAT JOB SPEAKING ON HOW MUCH RICK AND S.A. HAS DONE FOR US , WHITEBEAR HAD A AWESOME PLAQUE MADE ON BEHALF OF US ALL AND PRESENTED IT TO RICK ,MOODFOOD PRESENTED A SIGNED PICTURE FROM EVERYONE, IT WAS A GREAT WAY TO FINISH UP A GREAT EVENT !!!

http://www.facebook.com/*****?ref=stream
Lastflcracker@centurylink.net
member of the ***** ,K.R.V.S.A.,
Outlaw Airboat and Buggy board http://www.*********

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:57 am 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Over heard a couple of families talking,that were boating for the day.Say what great thing it was, what the airboaters were doing.Had great time thanks to KSRVA,Camp Mack and special THANKS to Rick and Teresa Carroll for bringing us together thru SOUTHERNAIRBOAT.COM.Good seing all you guys again.Heading out now to take Buckshot out in my area before he heads back to NC,see ya soon.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:14 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

think I gonna holler like brewster
BIG THANK YOU TO CAMP MAC,KRVSA, SOUTHERNAIRBOATER.COM,RICK,BREWSTER(shirts w/names priceless),COWBOY,ALL THE VOLUNTEERS,AND EVERYBODY ELSE THAT WAS THERE PHYSICALLY OR IN SPIRIT.THIS FAMILY CAN ONLY GET BIGGER AND BETTER YA'LL COMEBACK SOON WAS A GR8 DAY
THANKS AGAIN
CAPT.ROY

AIRBOATS DONT CAUSE ANIMOSITY- PEOPLE DO!!
PROTECT YOUR FUTURE WEAR A PFD AND VOTE!!
on a dark calm night ya can hear the cryaker scratchin on your poly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:35 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

hey it was good seeing every one ,great bunch that krvsa group, makes me proud to be a member, sounthern airboat is the best, and it was cool seeing old friends an making some new ones.

THE POWER IS IN THE PUSH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:50 am 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

YEAH!
SAME AS ALL THE ABOVE!
I'M DOING MY FATBOY DEAL ON THIS DEAL!
AWSOME DEAL UP THERE YESTERDAY! DIDNT SEE NO FATBOY! IT'S STILL ALL GOOD! AIRBOATERS ARE THE DEAL! DANG PROUD TO BA A AIRBOATER!
AIRBOATERS KICK BUTT! PROUD TO BE A SOUTHERN AIRBOATER! BIGTIME!
PROUD TO MEET ALL MY NEW FRIENDS UP THERE! PLUM MADE A BIG MESS. MESSY EATER! NO BIG DEAL! :D PLUM YOU ALRIGHT BIGDOG! :D :D HAD A BLAST!
BIGTIME! THANKS KSRVA! Y'ALL THE REAL DEAL! SEE YOU AT THE NEXT ONE FATBOY!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:25 pm 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

I just stumbeled in the door. Now that I am 60, sleeping on the ground aint the fun it was when I was 30. Every joint, bone, and muscle in my body hurt all day Sat., and wouldn't ya know I turned right around and did it again Sat. night.. Strangely I didnt hurt as bad Sunday after the first hour sitting at the picnic table paralized. Where else could I have had this kind of fun ! Lordy lordy I met so many people and still saw folks I didn't know after I thought I had met half of Florida. The raffles, the auctions went great, what a load of fun. The KRVSA cleanup was incredible as well. I loved it when someone mentioned there wasn't as much trash as last time, but immediately it was brought up that these cleanups are working ! Some of the trash dated to the 70s. That meant it was loosed by the hurricanes and were digging it out. Cleanups DO WORK ! Great seeing Cowboy, Dusty, Rick, Teresa, Charity and Chris, Matt & Laura and meeting so many others. Plum likes old trucks too LOL ! Met P2, man you gotta smile or grinn more Hahahahah! I can't name everybody I met but Damn it was good.

I never did find the clubhouse Sat. Night, still have no clue where it is. Camp Mac is great but I sure could have used a map...... hint hint......checkin at the store folks :) Actually from first sight I wouldn't mind having a cottage over there. Sweet looking new ones. Wonder if a boat slip comes with them Hahahahah !

I met some folks at the gas station inbound Friday evening that asked me about Marine Radios, I didnt write it down so if Yall read this, please PM me and I'll answer any questions you may have and point ya where ya need to be pointed. Thats embarassing because they told me how to get to the Boy Scout Camp Road and on in to Camp Mack. My apologies for not remembering things, just was a LOT going on, or maybe I'm getting mentally fragile Hahahah !

Was a pleasure to selebrate Southern Airboat's growth and honor Rick, Teresa, and Mom with so many members there. Behind every good man is a great lady and a fabulous mom & Dad. Im so happy te family all got to be part of it all. Rick, you make us all look good when we get to hang around folks like you and yours.

I especially want to thank VERN for the presents ! They are GREAT !

Since Rick has gone to the shaded (not dark) side with a Continental, He was honored with plenaty of Continwental accessories, including a case of Continental Energy Drink, The Continental equivalent of a bag of kitty litter for dripping oil, and I cant begin to remember it all. So, for a short time now Rick can act like he is still running a Lycoming ! Cowboy put it on him proper on this one ! Matt sure was scurring around to get all our signatures without Rick noticing then get the picture framed and ready just in time !

I was amazed that I bought 10 winning tickets for the 50/50 and they all lost, I think it was a misprint. Similarly I bought 5 winning tickets for the New Jr. Jernigan motor and I'll be darned if they werent all 5 misprints too. I loaded up on tickets for the little boat they are raffeling off so we will have to see if they are misprints too, shouldnt be, they say 3rd time is a charm so I guess that little boat will be mine soon as they have the drawing.

I didn't mention how good the Biscuits & Gravy was Sunday morning down at the little kitchen place. I loved the time sitting there aching, eating and watching the squirrels play in the early morning. For those that couldn't make it, yall missed one hell of a fine time ! ! !

Oh and the boat parade through the parking lot Saturday evening was something to behold ! Like going back to school looking at all the different ways folks have put them together. I saw solutions to things I didn't even know were problems ! Just wonderful ! A wonderful time too !

Scotty :thumbright: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:31 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

cowboy; you sure you are not fatboy logged on as cowboy,never heard of forum vantrilaquist but that deal was right on the money.

guys fantastic time yesterday even with the worst day in boating history for me.BIG THANKS[/size to nomad,hmgm123,cchardt,carpshooter,and carps wife.and for all the guys that came by to give me a hard time(not said in a bad way its was entertaining beeing made fun of as usual.)huntingbiggun,cowboy,dudley,darkwader and who everelse offerd to help me out. thanks to the [size=200]hotbabe that pushed me off the dock at cypress,and all others that helped me out yesterday.sorry to all that i was gonna run against i didn't chicken out just had problems another day we will meet.nice meeting oceola stumpy and family put that bonnet in the back of your truck.i will try to make some up coming events i will be boatless for awhile if things look bad on my engine. but no worries if they are i will return with the psyco billy cadillac.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:07 pm 
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

I had a great time too, thanks to everyone.
It was nice to connect a few more names to faces.
I thought I posted earlier... I must be groggy or foggy or something. Can't find it. LOL

My favorite part was getting Rick on the stage....
And watching those guys TRY to embarrass him!
Rick truly is an AIRBOATING LEGEND.

It was a good show by all, Thanks Cowboy and Whitebear for putting this together.
Thanks to KRVSA for including Southern Airboat in their cleanup event.
Thanks for all the southern airboaters who supported this event.

Yep. Camp Mack is a beautiful place.
EVEN IF A BUNCH OF LAZY bASS FISHERMEN came rolling up on their custom Polaris Rolling Couches for a sad bass tourney weigh in - only seconds after we were done with the microphone.
Airboaters are better because we have feet at the end of our legs, that allow us to WALK AROUND. :roll: LOL
Yes, Camp Mack is a beautiful place.

Let's do it again!

Hey, it was fun hanging out and getting to know Dusty Brewster's family.
Sitting with my map tent next to their shirt tent, I learned something...
Dusty is one lucky, and very blessed man.
:)

see y'all at the next one. 3000?????? S/a3k????

matt.

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/shortmovie.php

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:11 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

JUST WANYED TO SAY I'M PROUD TO BE A SOUTHERN AIRBOAT MEMBER ! :mrgreen: I'D LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR MAKIN ME AND MINE FEEL AT HOME.IT WAS GREAT MEETING RICK ,0550 ,COWBOY, THE BIGMAN DUSTY AND EVERYONE ELSE :mrgreen: LOOKIN FORWARD TO DOIN AGAIN!THANKS AGAIN.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:50 pm 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Man!!!! Ya'll really have made me jealous this time. I live right down the road from Camp Mack and can never seem to make it when ya'll have gatherings there. Oh well, like I've said a million times before, "maybe next time". Sounds like everyone had a good time. Glad to hear it. I look forward to meeting a bunch more of you guys at some point.

"As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials."--- Newt Gingrich

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:25 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Wow :) :) :)

What a gathering it was great to see all ya and camp mack is got to be Airboat heavens headquarters
the boys at KRVSA surely out done themselves not only for the chow but the effort each and everyone of they put it
the roast for rick was awesome it kinda left me all chocked up and as you can see now I'm no public speaker but if it were not for Rick and this sight i would have not ever had the chance to meet all of you that have become me distance family

Bondsman thanks for effort to get me and my family out on the water i hope things are not too bad with the ghetto cruiser your going to be doing dishes for a long time to earn allowance to fix her up but i sure you will

Bigdaddy and Teresa thank you for the ride to the legendary Milk bus all i can say is WOW

there are so many people there that welcomed me and my family with open arms i say THANK YOU<THANK YOU,THANK YOU

Mood if we try to do it again for 3K the rate this site is growing that will be next month

thanks again to all
Rick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:50 pm 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

I see those planes fly in both directions ...... glad y'all made it home safe. Jacksonville airport isn't much more than 30 min. from my house, so if you and/or your bride want to come down here for a long weekend let me know. I'll give ya' a taste of running one in 150' of water. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:05 pm 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

What a great Time! It was great to see all my buds again and also to meet a lot of you for the first time. I also would like to thank Teresa and the boys for watching Roger Dale so I could enjoy my breakfast. Also thanks to every one that helped keep him out of the water all afternoon ! Thanks to every one involved in this event, it was very well organized and things went very smoothly.
Special thanks to DARK WADER for leading us on the late evening ride thru the marsh to the catfish pond.
Can't wait till the next one!
JOLLY ROGER

http://www.jollyrogeradventures.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:26 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

safari rick i got em good on ******** hill last i let one of your mellon killas go about 10 oclock man did every body jump and squeel hope your steaks were great nice hangin with ya again :mrgreen: bonds i heard about your problems sorry about the psyco billy man that sucks, i may be able to locate caddy parts if ya let me know,

THE POWER IS IN THE PUSH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:32 pm 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

I didn't make it down the canal to camp mack b/c i had some low sided boats with me and i was warned that it was bad. It was only my second time to Kissimme and i couldn't believe how many boats there were :shock: Had a blast met some cool people. Went to the bus the canal hill and then spent the rest of the day at pulloted waters. Spent a lot of time with David Johnson and some old school racers listening to all the glory days i missed out on. There was so much running going on my neck got tired :) Enjoyed running around with Lue and his new toy (loose canon). Trying to get it tuned in. Old RV motor is heavy! Watched him tear up lil Jerry on the Marshin boat :oops: :blackeye: Miyaka boat was hitting hard as usual!! It has got to be the airboat capital in Kissimme! Beautiful lakes and some sweet skinny water :mrgreen: Sorry for not making to the main event yall but i can't wait to come back.

Dan@352 812 2239

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:50 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

i was mad i missed all the racin, but summers comin and the racin will get good

THE POWER IS IN THE PUSH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:28 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

plum dont think i will need the extra caddy parts(thanks anyways),the crank sufferd little damage just needs to be turned all the rods except #7 are fine #7 sheared of right at the big end.all the pistons are fine i shut if off soon as i herd it go.dont know if that piston is fine or the valves on that cylinder hit the piston or not.i guess whats on the agenda for the psyco billy will be,alluminum heads and roller cam and lifters (upgrades are good) :toothy7: i am still kicking around the idea of offset grinding the crank ,but thats new rods .we will see.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

We had a great time too. Thanks for all the gifts and the way that they were presented...my buddies know I ain't much for getting up in front of a crowd, so they were pretty easy on me...and if that's all it takes to get a case of oil for my "clankinental", count me in everytime. :)

Also liked the way Teresa was called up there. She never logs in, but does a ton of work in the background for Southern Airboat. Jolly Roger, Teresa said it was a pleasure spending time with Roger Dale and looking forward to seeing him again.

Thanks to Danny Brantley & KRVSA for puttin on the Cleanup every year too.

Rick

GobblerDirectory.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:27 pm 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

plumcrazy wrote:
i was mad i missed all the racin, but summers comin and the racin will get good

Yes it is and I cant wait

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:03 pm 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Great Time, Good friends are hard to beat.
Had a great time good meeting bunch of ya in person, except Plum Crazy did not look like a Skunk Ape that drinks water like you guys said. 8)

Kids had fun, boat ran good, we need to plan a ride soon dang that was fun. :D
That salmon that carp had was great.

Left the camper down there for a month so lets go back.

See ya
Wayne

http://www.krvsa.com/index.html

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

2015 15.6 Diamondback Deckover under construction / Mast 750 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:49 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

it was good meetin you bigun, let me know when your comming back over im only 30 min away, if i get any kind of excuse to ride im there, your boat sounded better than a sprint cup car when you when by the bus, its got that hp sound :)

THE POWER IS IN THE PUSH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:40 am 
Southern Airboat Member

This was our first Airboating event, and I have to say it was a blast! Maybe our first, but definately not our last. It was nice meeting everyone, and hope there is another real soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:03 am 
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

We also had a great time :D :D I got to put some faces with some screen names 8) hmgm123, Jolly Roger, Safari Rick, HuntingBigun you guys were great! I saw a lot of others but I am kinda shy so I didn't introduce myself :oops: :oops: plumcrazy saw you run at the milk bus.. Got to say that 4 cylinder ran REAL strong on that sticky stuff :shock: hmgm123 Mary wants you to say high to Charlie for her! dantheairboatman your right the canal was scary at times :shock: and Lue's loose canon was BADDDD!! Next time I am going to work on my social skills and try to be more "out-going" See ya all next time :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:22 am 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Plum you got it and that new ride of yours look sweet so we will hook up soon :D The hardest thing was the kids asked about 100 times why we had a car motor instead of a aircraft. All you A/C guys done ruined my kids :shock:

Smuggler get your rods ready reds are heating up. :D

2015 15.6 Diamondback Deckover under construction / Mast 750 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:13 am 
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

BIG THANKS to nomad,hmgm123,cchardt,carpshooter,and carps wife.and for all the guys that came by to give me a hard time(not said in a bad way its was entertaining beeing made fun of as usual.)huntingbiggun,cowboy,dudley,darkwader and who everelse offerd to help me out. thanks to the [babe that pushed me off the dock at cypress,and all others that helped me out yesterday

Bonds sorry we did not get to line them up, I did not even make it to Polluted Waters, kids just wanted to ride. If ya need a hand with the caddy give me a call 8)

Last edited by HuntingBigun on Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.