SouthernAirboat.com   Pictures & Wallpapers   Classifieds   Forum   Weather & Water Data   Store   Calendar   Airboat Directory   Site Support  

By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as stated in the SouthernAirboat.com Terms of Service

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:31 am 
Southern Airboat Member

Rivermaster airboat hulls can be purchased in Lakrport Florida. That is on Lake Okeechobee near the town of Okeechobee. Yes, they are the original Rivermasters. Hull sizes are from 12-15ft and we are also featuring the new 14x8ft hull. We also carry a full line of parts and accessories and do things such as build rigging, install polymer, etc. We are a newly opened full service airboat shop. The Rivermaster molds were purchased from Mrs. Jeanette Hoffman about a year and a half ago and have just came back into full production. The boat hulls are built with great care as instructed by the renowned boat builder Mr. Daryle Taylor[the same guy that used to build them] who still stops by from time to time to make sure things are being done right. If you are a Rivermaster fan or are just looking for a nice running boat, give us a call. Our boats are built well and are competitively priced. If you have any questions feel free to call any time, and I do mean any time.
Office 863-946-1204
cell 863-228-1276

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:43 am 
Southern Airboat Member

Sorry, But the Originator of the Rivermaster. The man who designed and built the molds, was not Mr. Taylor. Although he may have built them for Mrs. Hoffman when she purchased the molds. That I wouldn't know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:34 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

airboatman his words just look alittle confuseing he is saying darryl is a great glass man not the mold maker of the rivermaster.darryl is a fantastic glass man and i am proud of my rivermaster she does well for a barge/family rider.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:38 am 
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Reading 101. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:40 am 
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

So if my title says 94 Hoffman hull, I have a rivermaster basically?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:46 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

rost unsure on that one ask chuck at airboatpros he was half owner with jeanette for a long time.he knows when they bought the molds.i dont think they owned them back then but they may have used the hull.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:20 am 
Southern Airboat Member

Thanks Bonds. Had a few days off work and not fully funtioning yet. Sorry for the miscue.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:31 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

no need to apologise to me brother i would have called them out as well if they were saying he was the mold maker.i will say this if they build that hull as well as daryl did then it will be good qualilty.

a question for ridge runner how much does the 14/8 weigh no rod boxes just dry box? standard hull.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:23 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Yeah, I'm curious about the cost also. I have family down there. A new hull would give me a good reason to come down and visit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:40 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

I'm not exactly sure on the weight of the 14x8ft hull. As soon as I can find a good scale I will definently let you know.

The price on a solid color boat is $175 per foot on the 7ft wide boats and $200 per foot on the 14x8.

Thanks for all of the replies and I hope to be doing Business with some of you guys in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:40 pm 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

if you have a 94 you have one of the originals before jeanette. i used to have one and hated to get rid of it toughest hull i ever seen. but porpoised like a dolphin.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:44 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

Thats sort of confusing !I talk to Jenette about year before she closed ! She told me they were made the other side of the state !Maybe Chuck will chime in ! No big deal, just interesting ! And good luck on the new store or shop ! Am sure one of us will stagger in thier ! :bounce:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 pm 
Southern Airboat Member

The rivermaster hulls originally were built in Live Oak. From my understanding somewhere a short time after Mr. Hoffman passed away Mrs. Hoffman purchased the molds from the original owner. Hoffman Airboats sold the rivermaster hull previous to this but they had never owned the molds. The hulls were built in Inverness by Mrs. Hoffman for about the last six to seven years until she retired. She produced the hulls at the old Panacraft shop next to Mr. Kennedy's place not at the Hoffman airboat shop.
I am not from that area but that is what I was told at the time of purchasing the molds and I have been to both of her facilities. I also built one boat at her glass shop before th molds were moved.
Thanks for the comments and if anybody has any more questions I would be glad to answer them to the best of my ability.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:25 am 
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

The molds were built by Marty Bray in live oak ,this is the same guy that is building Chucks mini glass hulls now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:33 am 
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

yes jeanette and darryl were building them fatboy like ridge runner said at the old panacraft shop in lk pan.wen't there a couple times to see my boat while it was in different stages of being glassed.